Intel 8350k or RYZEN 1500x

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Intel 8350k or RYZEN 1500x for Content creation and moderate gaming?

• Total voters

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Does this sound like I have one of the buggy CPUs?

Doubtful. I think the bug was only in certain cases, and from I understand, was with Linux users.

Like IRobot23 stated above, your temps are too high, IMO. Maybe you just lost the "silicone lottery"?

slashy16

Mar 24, 2017
You probably never used photoshop. Okey, I am done.

No, 4C/4T is not sweetspot, not by a long shot.

I don't use photoshop much at all right now. I do however support over 30 users that rely on it and nailing performance is key. The 8700k/7700k are the goto CPU's for it and that will not change for a very long time. I would recommend an 8400/8350k for this task. India is generally very behind at getting new tech it's often way above MSRP. The OP may even want to look at a 7600k/7700 nonk.

Reactions: Arachnotronic

slashy16

Mar 24, 2017
The thing is the OP has to decide if the trouble is worth it, if indeed it is found that the RYzen CPU he buys reports this issue. If he thinks it's worth the risk, then that's fine. I'm only saying that if it was my decision to make being in his position, then personally I would not have gone the AMD route.

India is often very behind at getting new tech and I wouldn't be surprised if those bad batch CPU's are still stocked. I know India and china are notorious for retailers selling throwaway RMA'd CPUs.

epsilon84

Golden Member
Aug 29, 2010
89C? Thats your problem. When my GPU hits 95C PC reboots.

I have problems when 1 fan on GPU suddenly stops and need to start it manually.

I thought GPUs (and CPUs for that matter) are designed to thermally throttle and downclock when temps exceed spec, rather than simply crashing the OS and rebooting?

IRobot23

Jul 3, 2017
I thought GPUs (and CPUs for that matter) are designed to thermally throttle and downclock when temps exceed spec, rather than simply crashing the OS and rebooting?

Depends on bios.
Of course it throttles unless he did his own settings. I had scenario where bith fan stipped working and gpu started to throttle when hit 90C after few minutes and staying above 90C pc shut down.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
My Ryzen 5 1600 overclocked has yet to hit 60C. Under full load of AIDA 64 overnight, it hit a max of 57C.

Could just be my deepcool gammaxx 400 cooler and a Fractal case.

Justinbaileyman

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2013
I voted for the r5 1500x for the most cores and threads for the least amount of cash, but for a few bucks more you could have got the r5 1600x.I know I am an Intel owner right now but I just cannot recommend buying into Intel at this very minute due to price gouging that is still going on. If you could get a C/F at a holiday discount by some lucky chance then maybe go with Intel. I know over the black Friday and Cyber Monday they had some pretty amazing deals to be had but that's all said and done now.