Insurgency coming out July 1st

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Oh my... hadn't heard of this before, but it looks awesome.

From the trailer, it looks to me like it might play similar to DoD:S, which would be awesome.

I hope that it's good, and popular enough to have loaded servers.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
Originally posted by: duragezic
Oh my... hadn't heard of this before, but it looks awesome.

From the trailer, it looks to me like it might play similar to DoD:S, which would be awesome.

I hope that it's good, and popular enough to have loaded servers.

It will play more similarly to Red Orchestra or America's Army than DOD:S, it's trying to be realistic instead of more arcade styled like DOD. :)

They're going to release at 9AM PST tomorrow, for the first 2 hours it will be fileplanet exclusive unless you go to their forums where they will have a .torrent mirror.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: TallBill
Wish I could try it out.. just a few more months.

you will have a lot of games to try when you get back. Think of it as a present to you for your duty. :) All work, and at the end, all play. :)

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Originally posted by: TallBill
Wish I could try it out.. just a few more months.

Heh, why would anyone over in iraq want to play a game like this after work...

Polish3d

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
Granted, this particular game isn't being charged for ATM, but what the hell is the deal with NO ONE EVER GETTING THEIR DAMN PRODUCTS OUT ON THE DAMN DAY THEY SAY THEY WILL

mulletgut

Sep 3, 2002
Apparently the crash to desktop has been fixed and the installer is being compiled as we speak (so to speak) will be downloadable soon. Though I'm betting there will be very few servers running intitially. Especially over here in Australia. :(

novasatori

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
can anyone make an AT mirror?
I'm downloading from a torrent at 33kb/s, it could be better. :(

Molondo

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2005
I can't seem to play this mod. Half the servers i try to join i get botted with an error message "server uses different class tables"

other half i join, everyone is converted into "errors" and have no guns and can walk through walls.

any ideas?

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
I tried it.

It's a decent modification, it has potential, but overall, I am not addicted to it.

Polish3d

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
I think it's quite good! It's hard but very impressive graphically for a mod and quite realistic. Just damn hard

novasatori

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
yep its pretty hard, so far it sorta seems like a battle of the snipers, but i do enjoy it

Molondo

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2005
Found a server with one of the Devs of the game pllaying in it. He got us a bit orginized. Good game.

Polish3d

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
I swear after playing both sides that the devs made the insurgents unevenly advantaged.

They are a lot faster than US troops (like 2x faster) but the US troops dont seem to have any counter-advantage to make up for it