Insurance policy on wedding ring

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
For married folks do you have an insurance policy on your wedding ring? If you don't mind me asking, how much does the policy cost and have you ever made a claim? I'm debating whether or not I should renew mine at $65 annually to cover a $3k ring. Never made a claim and I wouldn't be financially ruined if I had to replace a stone or anything so not sure it makes sense to keep it.

Last edited:

Stopsignhank

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2014
For our 10th anniversary we upgraded my wife's ring to a 1 carat diamond.

For our 25th anniversary we bought a diamond and ruby ring for my wife.

For our 30th anniversary the pearl necklace was bought through Costco so not real expensive.

No insurance policy on either.

Funny now that I type this out. For our major anniversaries we buy something nice for my wife to wear and I get to help her pick it out. :)

Reactions: Meghan54

WilliamM2

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2012
For married folks do you have an insurance policy on your wedding ring? If you don't mind me asking, how much does the policy cost and have you ever made a claim? I'm debating whether or not I should renew mine at $65 annually to cover a $3k ring. Never made a claim and I wouldn't be financially ruined if I had to replace a stone or anything so not sure it makes sense to keep it.
Wouldn't nake sense to me. You paid 3K for the ring, but what is it really worth if you were to sell it? I'm guessing less than 1K, probably much less.

Hans Gruber

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2006
Why not just $65 in a savings account each year. That way you can be self insured and be your own insurance underwriter.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
When we got the ring we got the policy because were out in public taking transit and out in public places at night. Now that we are work from home in a more suburban atmosphere I'm not nearly as concerned about theft.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
When we got the ring we got the policy because were out in public taking transit and out in public places at night. Now that we are work from home in a more suburban atmosphere I'm not nearly as concerned about theft.
my wife doesn't wear her engagement ring. It no longer fits and she is afraid to take it in to resize and they'll swap the diamond...

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
State Farm was the best deal for us and it already paid to get the ring fixed once for what was a several hundred dollar repair.

RearAdmiral

Platinum Member
Jun 24, 2004
Yup for the engagement ring. About $100 through a homeowners rider or whatever they call it. Covers losing it and such too.