insurance agents: is this legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
my insurance wants me to pay better ment charges on parts even after I met my deductible. I read most insurance companies stopped this practice?

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
is the part a wear item?

tires, struts, control arms. tires were brand new though. I don't understand how they think the value of the car goes up with these newer parts. in fact the car will be worth less because of the damages. should I have them appraise it first?

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
tires and struts are wear items. Insurance only pays what the market value of what the stuff is. Once you put miles on tires, it's no longer worth full price, so insurance will only cover what it is worth. Struts, yeah, wear item, so they will only pay a portion. Also, it does not matter what the car will be worth after the damages, it is what it was worth the second before the accident. Insurance is supposed to restore cars to their previous state, not make them like new again.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
^ thanks gibs. the collision shop will have a hard time finding used parts they say. I guess I'm stuck.

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
^ thanks gibs. the collision shop will have a hard time finding used parts they say. I guess I'm stuck.

NP. I had to deal with it in my accidents. Sucks. That's why I'd rather have my car totaled then fix it. Too much headache, especially after you find out that the accident lead to internal damage that they could not see.

Status
Not open for further replies.