Instead of the right worring about how Iran is a danger to US security....

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
I think that we should concentrate on doing the little things to keep our country safe like...oh, I don't know.....NOT KEEPING LAPTOPS WITH THE ABILITY TO PRODUCE GOVERNMENT ID BADGES AND OTHERS WITH FBI AGENT LISTS LAYING AROUND UNSECURED!!!!

Just my opinion, I might be wrong.

Missing: FBI Guns And PCs
Updated: 13:52, Tuesday February 13, 2007

Their mission may be to uphold and enforce the criminal laws of the United States - but the FBI has managed to lose dozens of its own guns and computers.

An audit of the agency has revealed that 160 laptops have been lost or stolen in the past four years.

At least 10 of them are said to contain sensitive or classified information.

One of the missing computers is thought to hold information revealing the personal details of some of the Bureau's 30,000 staff.

Others contain software for creating ID badges and security plans for electronic access devices.

The FBI, which has struggled for years to improve its inventory procedures, also reports that it has misplaced 160 weapons.

Most of the firearms that disappeared between 2002 and 2005 were pistols - although rifles, shotguns and sub-machine guns also went missing.

The report concludes that "it is impossible for the FBI to determine the extent of the damage these losses might have had on its operations or on national security".

Senior US politicians have been quick to criticise the bureau and are calling the breaches "unacceptable".

But the findings are an improvement on a previous audit five years ago which reported that nearly 700 weapons and laptops had been lost or stolen in just two years.

Several of those guns were later found to have been used in armed robberies, one was found in the pocket of a murder victim.

The FBI maintains more than 52,000 weapons and 26,000 laptops.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Why does this surprise you? Nearly everything the govt touches turns to shat. What I want to know is given the blatent mishandling on numerous occasions of information and items like this, do we really want the govt handling our health?

imported_Shivetya

Platinum Member
Jul 7, 2005
Let us let them run healtcare, there is no way they would that irresponsible with personal information.

Look at it this way, if the FBI has these kind of losses what are the other government agencies like?

Too bad Congress likes to write laws punishing corporations who have lapses less dangerous than this but never goes after government organizations.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Genx87
Why does this surprise you? Nearly everything the govt touches turns to shat. What I want to know is given the blatent mishandling on numerous occasions of information and items like this, do we really want the govt handling our health?

You cannot be forced to vote for them comrade, until they can deny you health care for voting the wrong way. In order to deny you, they first have to set up shop, and then deny private health care because it doesn?t meet their humane standards. Then Washington DC has yet another string by which you will cast votes for.

Separation of powers be damned, it all belongs to a single city today.

As for government incompetence, that is nothing new. You only make it worse by raising taxes and feeding it.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
This is a legitimate concern for all Americans, not just the "right". However, your topic has nothing to do with Iran.

Iran's continued belligerence is a concern to the entire free world, not just America or the "right". Hopefully, in the case of Iraq, the world community steps up to the plate and is able to resolve Iran's nuclear ambitions through the UN.

As for the FBI situation, any breach of security is simply unacceptable.

This topic does deserve attention, and merits discussion...your placing an Iran or "the right" spin on the topic does not.