"Instead of being, like, 'Thank you very much, Mr. Trump,' or 'Trump did a good job,'

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Is there polling on the folks who don't like him, but support him?

And to call Hilary the worst of the establishment really ignores a lot of people...

There's bad, which Hilary can certainly clear the bar for... and then there's the worst of the establishment: the House of Representatives.
I'd certainly agree that Hillary is not THE worst - there are people who if nominated would lead me to hold my nose and vote for her - but she's certainly one of the worst. Very few of the Republicans can even approach her level of arrogance, entitlement and corruption.

Well, let me pinch my nose and sneer like James Woods' portrayal of Byron D'LeBeckwith. In some respects, I'm an elitist and I'm the only elite there is.

The same people who are voting for Trump now are the ones who voted for Bush in 2000 and 2004 beginning with their own sneer about "Clinton and than Monica-thing" when it was Gore running in 2000. They voted for McCain, a man for whom I've lost respect since I held him in high regards after hearing him on the senate committee hearing on the Transportation Safety Administration. And a man who ran a shrill gun-waving lunatic as VP and shill to Big Oil in Alaska while playing to the 3/4 million population there who gets BO subsidies every year. A woman who not only has been portrayed as nuttier than squirrel shit, but who IS nuttier than squirrel shit.

Hillary was a Senator from New York -- center of all fear after 9/11.

She knows she took "establishment money," but what the cornpone twits amongst us don't understand, is that their own flippancy over Campaign Finance Reform, their little 501(c) schemes, and the very industries which have subsidized their party for decades together with the Supremes' decision on "Citizens United" have forced the opposition to solicit those big donations. It's a dirty war, but look whose hands are dirtier? They might as well have elected Raymond L. Hunt to the presidency, but he'd rather just have had a shill in the White House -- an old "family friend."

See, I've been angry for a long time. I know things that I don't think most people know, and I'm not going to take time to explain them now. But what I see are a bunch of blind people looking to a seriously disordered demagogue as a President, who don't think we're "great anymore" because they don't feel great anymore, when the rest of us think otherwise. If there's a deficit of greatness, you'll find it among Trump's supporters and their half-baked evolution of illogic since 2000.
lol Thank you for providing that apt caricature of a daft liberal: I'm angry, both sides do it but it's only bad when your side does it, and I know things that "I don't think most people know", I just can't be bothered to explain them. So damn it, gimme stuff! Bonus points for supporting Hillary whilst describing literally anyone else as shrill.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I'd certainly agree that Hillary is not THE worst - there are people who if nominated would lead me to hold my nose and vote for her - but she's certainly one of the worst. Very few of the Republicans can even approach her level of arrogance, entitlement and corruption.

lol Thank you for providing that apt caricature of a daft liberal: I'm angry, both sides do it but it's only bad when your side does it, and I know things that "I don't think most people know", I just can't be bothered to explain them. So damn it, gimme stuff! Bonus points for supporting Hillary whilst describing literally anyone else as shrill.

I didn't describe McCain as shrill, but he opened the door. The entire country has rested on two major industries together with Wall Street for decades. Now things are all aflutter because the electorate voted moral indignation in 2000 with no regard for the way things have worked for a long, long time.

When the GOP politicians rant, it's all about "belief, belief, belief," and "Mah free-market principles," or "principles principles, principles." That drags along a Sturm Abteilung of pro-life obsessive people, gun-nut people, deregulate big industry people, anti-environmental people, we gotta-kick-ass in the world people, and other thoughtless assholes willing to follow the Pied Piper with the other lemmings over the cliff.

This has been the status quo for decades. Now, the precursors of the Trumpist party is all upset about "special interests" and "taking money from Wall Street" and "losing in Iraq." First, they elected a Dummy who grew up in Big Oil and defense in a family with those connections going back to WWI. "Mah free mah-ket principles." "It's so good to be here with my base -- the Haves and Have Mores." Then you've got that Jackass Grover Norquist, bent on bringing down institutions that the American people struggled to get since the Depression, and the people who listen to him have no regard for the particulars of what to keep and what to trim.

The last Great Republican was Dwight Eisenhower, and the second greatest was Elliot Richardson. There's no integrity -- just pandering to a bunch of clueless ideologues who think Ayn Rand was an economist without serious issues.

This is all going to end all right in November, or it's going to end badly. That's when I buy custom bumper stickers: "If you voted for President Asshole, . . . " "your birth-certificate is no good for emergency roadside assistance."

And I'm putting a baseball bat in the car, just in case. Maybe I'll even get a chance to use it.

Last edited:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I didn't describe McCain as shrill, but he opened the door. The entire country has rested on two major industries together with Wall Street for decades. Now things are all aflutter because the electorate voted moral indignation in 2000 with no regard for the way things have worked for a long, long time.

When the GOP politicians rant, it's all about "belief, belief, belief," and "Mah free-market principles," or "principles principles, principles." That drags along a Sturm Abteilung of pro-life obsessive people, gun-nut people, deregulate big industry people, anti-environmental people, we gotta-kick-ass in the world people, and other thoughtless assholes willing to follow the Pied Piper with the other lemmings over the cliff.

This has been the status quo for decades. Now, the precursors of the Trumpist party is all upset about "special interests" and "taking money from Wall Street" and "losing in Iraq." First, they elected a Dummy who grew up in Big Oil and defense in a family with those connections going back to WWI. "Mah free mah-ket principles." "It's so good to be here with my base -- the Haves and Have Mores." Then you've got that Jackass Grover Norquist, bent on bringing down institutions that the American people struggled to get since the Depression, and the people who listen to him have no regard for the particulars of what to keep and what to trim.

The last Great Republican was Dwight Eisenhower, and the second greatest was Elliot Richardson. There's no integrity -- just pandering to a bunch of clueless ideologues who think Ayn Rand was an economist without serious issues.

This is all going to end all right in November, or it's going to end badly. That's when I buy custom bumper stickers: "If you voted for President Asshole, . . . " "your birth-certificate is no good for emergency roadside assistance."

And I'm putting a baseball bat in the car, just in case. Maybe I'll even get a chance to use it.
lol Thanks for round two.

You guys have so much smartification that I am amazed you need someone else to pay for your health care, day care, education, contraception, cell phones, broadband . . . I guess it must just be expensive being that much smarter than everyone else. Whole lotta overhead . . . Hell, just paying for all those clever Nazi references can't be cheap.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
lol Thanks for round two.

You guys have so much smartification that I am amazed you need someone else to pay for your health care, day care, education, contraception, cell phones, broadband . . . I guess it must just be expensive being that much smarter than everyone else. Whole lotta overhead . . . Hell, just paying for all those clever Nazi references can't be cheap.

You think I want FREE STUFF?! I want clean air and water, and it's not free. I didn't want to pay $3 Trillion for asshole Dubya's unnecessary war, but if I had to swallow it, I wanted a tax increase, and everyone else's tax increase to pay for it. I swear . . . . I CURSE! I CURSE! I CURSE the day I every gave a $250 contribution to the likes of the GOP. I CURSE it!

FREE STUFF! WHo the hell you think you're talkin' to?!

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
You think I want FREE STUFF?! I want clean air and water, and it's not free. I didn't want to pay $3 Trillion for asshole Dubya's unnecessary war, but if I had to swallow it, I wanted a tax increase, and everyone else's tax increase to pay for it. I swear . . . . I CURSE! I CURSE! I CURSE the day I every gave a $250 contribution to the likes of the GOP. I CURSE it!

FREE STUFF! WHo the hell you think you're talkin' to?!
The Democrat voter. The man who supports the party of the triple-breasted woman.

BTW I'm ahead of you - I've never given the GOP a dime. So I'd say that was YOUR $3 Trillion war, not mine. Especially given your support for the woman who as Senator voted for it.

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
An examination of the group's tax filings shows that the foundation spent just $2.4 million of its total $8 million budget on helping veterans directly in 2014.

The group spent the rest of the money in 2014 on fundraising and management expenses, with $3.5 million paid out to professional fundraising companies. Another $2 million went toward salaries and general expenses, including billing and collection services...

In 2013, the group spent just $2.5 million on veterans from its $8.1 million budget. It spent more than than $3.3 million on fundraising that year and an additional $2 million on "other expenses."

In 2012, it spent just $1.3 million of its total $7 million budget on veterans while paying out $3.5 million in professional fundraising and millions more on other expenses.

We should hire these guys to come clean up Chicago public schools.