Installing a sony cd changer in a car with a sony HU, how big of a job is it?

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
I've had a sony HU in my car for a few years now (XR-c2300X). It's a tape deck, because at the time I bought it, almost all my music was on minidiscs and I could use the car adapter with my portable player. This was before CDRs were free and CD's still took about an hour to burn.

I just bought a CDX-747X (10 disc changer) from ebay, should be on it's way to me in the mail.

I bought a sony changer because my HU has controls for it and I don't want to mess with the FM modulator. I installed the HU myself, so installing the changer shouldn't be a problem. I just want to know if I'm gonna have to run power from the fuse panel or something, that way I can pick up wireing and such if I'll need it.

Anyone ever do this and can offer some advice?

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
real easy...should just be the changer chord and a set of rca's..half hour tops

edit: as far as the power, just grab the power wires behind your deck, the changer power wires will be the same as the ones behind the deck

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Spac3d
What type of car are you installing into?
89 Olds Cutlass Cierra, I've had it apart what seems like a thousand times, so I don't expect any trouble getting it apart. I may have some problems running the wires, but I still haven't decided where I'm even mounting the changer, so I figure I'll decide that when it all gets here :)

Edit: I figure the addition of the CD changer just about doubles the car's value, but hey, if it makes my long driving trips more bearable, I don't mind :D