Installing a new amp with subwoofer in factory f150

kade12

Feb 22, 2019
As of right now, I have one 12" Rocksford Fosgate sub and I am buying a mono amp and wiring kit from crutchfield. My only problem is that in this 2104 ford f150, it has this big factory sync radio. I don't want to mess with any of the wires from behind the radio so I was wondering if there is some type of t-harness/plug an play harness to just add an amp to the sync radio. Second question is, when running wires off of the amp, the only wires needing to go to the radio are the sub speaker wire and the turn off wire right? I am a little new to adding an amp in the truck so any help would be great. Thanks.

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
I haven't tried to mess with the sync in any of my Ford vehicles, however I assume they have some pinouts that are available to provide output to a sub if you mess with it in forscan. The easy way out is to just get a line out converter and take a high level signal off a speaker output.

To hook up an amp, you have to provide a signal (this would be a pre out RCA or a speaker wire), and power, which will require you to run heavy gauge from the battery. You may need a remote wire but I'm not sure how that works if you use high level outputs.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Fwiw, Crutchfield seems to have their shit together, wiring adapters/instructions/mounting brackets. Replaced the stereos/speakers in 3 vehicles over the last few years.

And you tube university.

kade12

Feb 22, 2019
Just to double check... If I have one 12" sub (4-ohm impedance, 150 watts RMS, 2.0" (4 layer) voice coil) it should be fine to buy a mono amplifier- 350watts RMS x 1 at 2ohms. I believe that should be enough power? Then just wire it for a two ohm load like shown.

Attachments

• IMG_2822.png
    IMG_2822.png
    700.5 KB · Views: 3

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
Just to double check... If I have one 12" sub (4-ohm impedance, 150 watts RMS, 2.0" (4 layer) voice coil) it should be fine to buy a mono amplifier- 350watts RMS x 1 at 2ohms. I believe that should be enough power? Then just wire it for a two ohm load like shown.
You do not say whether or not it is a single voice coil or dual voice coil. The wiring you showed is for a dual voice coil and you cannot wire a single 4 ohm subwoofer to get a 2 ohm load.

With that said, if you have a 350W amp at 2 ohms, it probably does about half that at 4 ohms and if you have a single 150W sub at 4 ohms, then you probably won't have any issues.