Question Installed Warcraft III and frozen throne, then update does not work

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
So I googled and manually applied the patch for the latestest version (I think its 1.30 ?) but now it only loads reign of Chos, and thats only using the special patch "launch" I only get errors running the frozen throne icon.

Help !

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
It's been a while since I played WC3 (not a huge fan of that one - prefer WC2), but have you tried launching the game prior to patching? I seem to recall some older games requiring you to launch them before applying any new patches. I'm unsure if Battle.net is even available for WC3 at this point, but you could also try to download the update that way as well.

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
It's been a while since I played WC3 (not a huge fan of that one - prefer WC2), but have you tried launching the game prior to patching? I seem to recall some older games requiring you to launch them before applying any new patches. I'm unsure if Battle.net is even available for WC3 at this point, but you could also try to download the update that way as well.
Well, I figutrd out the easy way. I am having a lan party this weekend like I have done for the last 18 years with all the computers in my house (nobody has to bring one) So the easy fix, is to install the same version on all of them (uninstall and start from scratch) and DON'T hit the battle.net for the new upgrades that are broken,

Thanks for the reply though.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
What exactly is broken? I seem to recall patching the game just fine and playing through it without any issues last time I played it.