Installation problems

RadioHead84

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2004
Is it really that bad to install windows wihout service pack one and then update it trhough windows update? is that little time without it that bad? I dont have another way of doing it

dq

Aug 20, 2004
Originally posted by: RadioHead84
Is it really that bad to install windows wihout service pack one and then update it trhough windows update? is that little time without it that bad? I dont have another way of doing it

You ran Windows without SP1 all that time before it came out.. Why would it be bad?
After all, a system is only as secure as you want it to be.

AMCRambler

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
Before you connect any xp machine to the internet you need to get the Blaster virus security patches on there, unless you have a firewall or router blocking the ports. Otherwise blaster will infect it. Damn thing is still out there on the net. It blows my mind. I loaded my girlfriend's laptop up and dialed up to get the patches, and sure enough I started getting those NT authority shut down messages. If you got a virus scan though that should stop it too, if you can update it before you connect to the web.

RadioHead84

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2004
is ok if i get the blaster worm and then install the patch...In my past experainces with it i ahve been able to get in and download the updates before i get shutdown

ASK THE COMMUNITY