Insignia 42" NS-L42Q-10A 1080p 60Hz LCD HDTV: $498-bestbuy

Pardus

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2000
link

9155479_sa.jpg

Enjoy your favorite TV shows, movies or sports using this HDTV that features 6.5 ms response time for reducing blurring and streaking during fast action scenes. The 450 cd/m² brightness and 1400:1 contrast ratio ensure clear, detailed images.

What's Included
* Insignia® 42" Class / 1080p / 60Hz / LCD HDTV
* Tabletop stand
* Remote
* Owner's manual

Product Features
* Built-in HDTV tuner
Add HD-capable antenna to receive over-the-air high-definition broadcasts, where available. Optional set-top box required for high-definition cable or satellite programming.
* 42" screen measured diagonally from corner to corner
Everyone will have a great view of the show or game.
* 1080p display
Provides the highest quality progressive-scan picture possible from a high-definition source.
* 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio
Delivers a cinema-style entertainment experience.
* 3:2 pulldown
For accurate reproduction of film-based sources.
* High brightness (450 cd/m²) and incredible contrast (1400:1 native)
Along with a 6.5 ms response time for an arresting viewing experience.
* Wide 176° horizontal and vertical viewing angles
Make every seat the best in the house.
* 3D Y/C digital comb filter
Delivers state-of-the-art detail and color enhancement.
* Two 12W stereo speakers
With SRS TruSurround HD simulated surround sound and a sound leveler provide a lush soundscape.
* Ultraslim design (3-4/5" deep)
Ideal for wall mounting (with optional mounting kit, not included).
* PC video input
Lets you connect your computer to experience high-resolution images.
* 4 HDMI inputs
Provide an uncompressed all-digital audio/video link for the highest quality connection and they support copy-protected HD broadcast content.
* Inputs
Include 2 composite video (1 side, 1 rear), 2 S-video (1 side, 1 rear), 2 component video (rear), 4 HDMI (2 side, 2 rear), 1 PC (rear) and 1 RF (rear).
* Outputs
Include 1 audio, 1 optical digital audio and 1 headphone.
* V-Chip parental controls
Give you the option of blocking undesirable material that you don't want your kids to see.
* ENERGY STAR qualified
Designed to use less energy and meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Department of Energy.
* Useful additional features
Include trilingual (English, French and Spanish) menus, closed captioning, sleep timer, channel labeling and auto zoom

iLEktron

Apr 9, 2009
g0d damn it...these go cheaper and cheaper.

Wait for black friday and you'll see those going for $300 a piece. Nice find, I might jump in on the offer.

Thanks

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Any reviews? I like all of those inputs. How does this TV compare to say, a Westinghouse?

I have a Westinghouse 32" 1366x768 LCD TV with integrated DVD player still sitting in a box in my apt, I bought it a year ago, before 1080P TVs got cheaper.

Thinking of CL'ing that one and buying this 42". What do you think, worth it?

Edit: According to one of the reviews on BB, the set is made by LG. One of the other reviews complained about a "Grainy" picture though.

"POOR QUALITY and REPAIR PROBLEMS. I bought this TV on 8/26/09 and have had problems with it ever since. I was told a loaner TV would be provided while the repairs (LCD Screen severely flickers) happened and then I received a phone call saying that the TV did not qualify. This has been a HORRIBLE experience! I would not recommend this TV or this entire product line!"
Hmm. Sounds like he got a bad one.

Last edited:

aggressor

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
The 37" and under are supposed to be made by LG. I'm not sure about the larger sets (I've heard Samsung, but...)

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I saw this on the FW thread. So I guess I'm not going to get this TV, because I wanted to use it as a HTPC monitor.

cta7978b said:
OK, this is going back to Bestbuy.. Can't get a decent 1080p pc input to display.. Tried turning off the overscan, tried dvi-vga, hdmi-hdmi input.. might be a great TV, but sucks as a PC monitor. I have a Samsung and a Vizio that work great, crisp and clear.. The Insignia doesn't.

Anyone get a good PC input via HDMI?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
How is the viewing angle on this?

What about ghosting on fast moving action?

djnsmith7

Platinum Member
Apr 13, 2004
I know LG made last year's 50" plasma & Samsung made this year's version. Not sure about the LCD's, but I would guess LG. Best Buy claims to stick by this brand like glue, so it may be worth a shot. I'm thinking about getting one for the bedroom in a few months. This year's plasma's look very similar to the Samsung's.

If you are new to LCD's, be aware that the 60hz models don't handle moving objects all that well & a 120hz or 240hz will have much better performance in that area. This would apply to sports or any type of gaming environment.

Last edited:

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
IQ on this set is good in hd and mediocre in sd. If you watch alot of SD then look at a 720P plasma like the x1 series from panansonic or get the insignia 42 plasma that looks almost exactly the same as this years samsung 550 plasma.

linjy2

Jun 30, 2005
ok my gf picked one of these up today, looked at the set in store and it was pretty damn good. brought it home and it was missing a remote. the remote is suppose to be in the packaged bundle bag, but it wasn't there.

went back to the store, told them about it and they told us we had to order from insignia. we were like the tv is brand new, just get us a remote and u guys order it and replace it. manager finally budged and said ok.

i went and grabbed 2 tv set and both were missing the remote. Some how i think the whole batch that this particular bestbuy received didnt pass a thorough quality inspection. anyways we gave up and i didnt want to open any more tvs so we ended ordering the remote. suppose to take a week, but i'm thinking more like 2 weeks.

anyone with similar problems?

o and we hooked up the msi wind netbook and booted at 1024x768 fine with a vga cable. then changed the resolution to 1920x1080 and it worked fine and looks good. so no issue with it not working right with a pc hookup for us.

jayisbored

Nov 8, 2009
I couldn't find my remote either. Check the packing foam in the top of the box, thats where mine was wedged.

hclarkjr

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
i have a 37 inch i bought last December from best buy and have had 0 problems with it and the picture quality is great.