• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

inside car light dangling

pammie

Feb 23, 2021
The light inside of my car is dangling. It is still attached to the electrical wires, however, the casing has come unglued. What glue can I use to reattache the light (casing) to the ceiling? Can I use gorilla glue? That seems to be used on everything these days [hair and all (LOL)}. Will gorilla glue attach to the cloth or felt material in a car?

Is there some other glue that is used for cars - given the hot and cold temp changes?

HELP!

Pohemi420

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
This is not a technical issue, needing a technical professional to answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

pammie

Feb 23, 2021
Plastic to fabric bond. Plastic around the inside of the light fixture, but attaching to the fabric in ceiling of the car.

Stiff Clamp

Feb 3, 2021
Yes, it's pretty sad the fixture is only glued to the headliner. :grimacing: Are cars that cheaply assembled now? My dome light has a screw attachment to the roof. Might want to be gentle with your dome light from now on.

Nevertheless ... I'll GUESS this Rhino Glue Gel might work ... a pricey superglue-type adhesive ... https://www.amazon.com/Rhino-Glue-Heavy-Duty-Clear/dp/B07DGZBFJM/

But I've no experience with this stuff, and offer no assurance. :wink:

Paperdoc

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2006
Don't be scared off when someone grumps at you here. For this question, I would have picked the "Home and Garden" forum, on the basis that it is a somewhat general question of choosing a glue. Alternatively, for something particularly related to cars, try "The Garage".

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Don't be scared off when someone grumps at you here. For this question, I would have picked the "Home and Garden" forum, on the basis that it is a somewhat general question of choosing a glue. Alternatively, for something particularly related to cars, try "The Garage".
Naw, OT is the place.

ASK THE COMMUNITY