Insane man throws grenades in Belgium

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 14, 2001
It cant be that rough, otherwise the "minorities" would not be floating across the Med in mass numbers every month to get into Europe.

I don't think that it's probably the cause of this man's murderous rampage, but I would think that the people who are "floating across the Med" do not fully realize how much oppression and the discrimination they would face in Europe before beginning to "float across the Med." It's probably very psychologically scarring to think that you've escaped one hell hole and yet to only find that your supposed paradise is actually very very racist.

May 11, 2008
I don't think that it's probably the cause of this man's murderous rampage, but I would think that the people who are "floating across the Med" do not fully realize how much oppression and the discrimination they would face in Europe before beginning to "float across the Med." It's probably very psychologically scarring to think that you've escaped one hell hole and yet to only find that your supposed paradise is actually very very racist.

Oh lord...
Not "broken record" again...

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001

Yes. It has to be shocking.

However, most minorities there did not "float" over. They're from there. For example, take the Roma. They have been there for centuries. Yet it is still socially acceptable and mainstream to advocate for their elimination. This man wasn't a Roma, but somewhat similar statements are quite common about other groups.

These types of comments in the mainstream and lack of respect for human rights also cause those in the majority to snap and become crazy. The same day this guy went on a rampage, a man went on a rampage in Italy and killed merchants from Senegal, targeting them specifically due to racist paranoia.