Input lag

FireChicken

Jun 6, 2006
Are there any non-TN LCDS 22" or greater that have have an input lage to rival these monitors . It seems that the only monitors with good input lag are TN. even the 20wgx2 can have some significant lag

Its just my opinion but, it seem to me that one of the most important features in a monitor for a hardcore competitive online gamer is input lag. It will also be nice to have the eye candy, but the performance is most important to me. Most likely I am going to get the 206bw, but if there is an mva or ips with equal input lag that would be more desirable.

swtethan

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2005
I find it funny that 1 frame that you wont see will kill you :p

<-- CAL M next season

FireChicken

Jun 6, 2006
I know that seems really really nit picky but nevertheless it will be a 1 frame advantage over the next guy with an LCD. If you take all the things in your system that can slow you down, it can all add up. From your mouse polling speed to gaming configs it will all add up. If you talk to some of the really good online gamers they will tell you that their game looks like absolute crap because they have turned off all the eye candy just to give them several millisecond edge cause their system doesn't have to render all the extra stuff. It all adds up so in a sense yes that 1 frame can get you.

And Yes I have been called a tweak before...