Input being ignored in Forza Horizon 4

Dave3000

Golden Member
Jan 10, 2011
This morning I purchased Forza Horizon 4 and I could start the game the first time but next time I went to the game, the input from my XBox One gamepad and keyboard is being ignored at the screen where it says Press Enter. I did somekind of temporary workout in the command prompt that was to reinstall missing Microsoft Store components and that only fixed the issue temporarily for the next time I started the game. The next time I started the game, the issue with the input devices not responding happened again. Do I have to keep doing this workaround each time this happens for this game? I'm using the Nvidia 411 drivers which are suppose to be optimized for Forza Horizon 4. I have this game installed on a different partition than the Windows operating system partition just like I do with my other games. Is this what I get for playing this game on early release? I really hope that I don't have to reinstall Windows because I have software in my system installed that has limited activations. Other specs of my system are:

Windows 10 Professional
i7-4930k
GTX 1080 Ti

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
What command did you use to fix it?

You could try running the Windows Store App troubleshooter.

Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Windows Store Apps

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Did the app troubleshooter do anything? Do you have any 3rd party AV installed (try disabling if so)?

You might want to ask at the forza forums.

Dave3000

Golden Member
Jan 10, 2011
I did that as well and it seemed to fix the issue temporarily. It's happening again with the controls not responding at the title screen.

Dave3000

Golden Member
Jan 10, 2011
I also tried older video drivers and that did not solve the issue either. Maybe this is what I get for playing it on early access. I won't play this game again until the official release date and hope this issue is fixed by then. Maybe it will get a day one patch.

Dave3000

Golden Member
Jan 10, 2011
Well today I redownloaded the game and I'm not having the issue anymore, at least so far.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
zing.

I was actually having an issue on console with controls... felt like my input via controller was slightly delayed, which meant I was basically driving all over the place and couldn't hold the line. Changed to simulation mode and it seemed to be better but overall the cars were even harder to keep straight. Might just need to get used to it, even though I've been playing Forza games for the last couple of weeks.