InnoculateIT

nomahe

Banned
May 21, 2001
I just received this e-mail from them. Anyone know anything about this?

Dear Valued Client,

We would like to thank you for your participation in the InoculateIT Personal Edition promotional program, which was well received by millions of clients.

On Thursday June 7, 2001, this promotional program will be replaced by my-eTrust.com, our new web-born store front, designed specifically to make it easy for you to get the software and support you need to protect your small business and home-based personal computers.

The first solution set offered through my-eTrust.com is eTrust EZ Armor, an extremely effective, easy-to-use personal security solution suite that includes:

eTrust EZ Firewall - A personal firewall solution to protect against unauthorized attempts from outsiders to access your PC and data files.
eTrust EZ Antivirus - A new and enhanced antivirus solution that includes all the features and benefits of InoculateIT Personal Edition and more.
eTrust EZ Deskshield - A revolutionary new solution that protects against malicious email.
Although the InoculateIT Personal Edition program will end on June 7, 2001, we will continue to make antivirus signature updates available to you for as long as you have InoculateIT Personal Edition installed on your computer.

In appreciation for your help in making these promotional programs so successful, we have created a special limited time offer, available only to currently registered users of InoculateIT Personal Edition. Through this exciting offer, eTrust EZ Armor personal security solutions and the eTrust EZ Antivirus component are available to you at a dramatically reduced price (see the table below for details).

Product
Regular Price
Special offer for existing IPE users
Description

eTrust EZ Antivirus
$19.95
$5.95
One-year license for award-winning antivirus technology, with automatic notification of virus signature updates.

eTrust EZ Armor
$49.95
$15.95
One-year license for a comprehensive suite of personal Internet security solutions including eTrust EZ Antivirus, eTrust EZ Firewall, and an exciting new personal email security solution called eTrust EZ Desks.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Yeah I got one too. I guess all good free things must come to an end. Can't decide if I want to pay $6, or install the Norton anti-virus that came with my Norton System Works.

EDIT: all I can say is that the InoculateIT has always worked fantastic and signiture updates are totally painless.

nomahe

Banned
May 21, 2001

<< Although the InoculateIT Personal Edition program will end on June 7, 2001, we will continue to make antivirus signature updates available to you for as long as you have InoculateIT Personal Edition installed on your computer >>

I was wondering if this statement meant we were grandfathered in and could keep getting updates for free like we are now?