Inhaling protein powder

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoftwareEng

Apr 24, 2005
Most of the modern protein powder is instantized, meaning it's a very fine powder that can be accidentally inhaled while taking out of the container or mixing in your drink. Obviously you're not snorting the stuff, but it still gets into the air with the tinies air movement.

That sounds dangerous, right? You have protein, various artaficial and natural ingredients, even sucralose, that are all going into your lungs.

Any thoughts, guys?

Mar 22, 2002
Your nose is built to filter things like this. If it gets through, the cilia in your lungs move it out or it gets absorbed. I'd worry more about the fiberglass insulation in your house more than inhaling protein powder.

Kipper

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2000
Originally posted by: SoftwareEng
Most of the modern protein powder is instantized, meaning it's a very fine powder that can be accidentally inhaled while taking out of the container or mixing in your drink. Obviously you're not snorting the stuff, but it still gets into the air with the tinies air movement.

That sounds dangerous, right? You have protein, various artaficial and natural ingredients, even sucralose, that are all going into your lungs.

Any thoughts, guys?

I'd worry more about what is floating around in the air.

conorvansmack

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2004
Originally posted by: Geocentricity
According to government websites, modern-day fiberglass insulation is safe for your lungs.

Sweet! I'm spending all weekend in the attic, it's awesome up there. Eff memorial day!

SoftwareEng

Apr 24, 2005
I saw a couple of seemingly educated responses, and some not-so-educated ones :) thanks. I'm off to run me a few lines of fibreglass.

Status
Not open for further replies.