ING direct accounts- compounding

TitanDiddly

Dec 8, 2003
Do these ING direct accounts that everyone raves about compound anually or continually? (Or other?)

Also, I know a lot of you guys are into referrals- I'm thinking about starting one.

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
Not to hijack your thread, but I want to start one too. What info do they require? Cuz i don't currently have a checking or savings account.

akubi

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
ING sucks.. it's always playing catch up. emigrantdirect is 4% and has all the same gimmicks

Mayfriday0529

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Crono
Not to hijack your thread, but I want to start one too. What info do they require? Cuz i don't currently have a checking or savings account.

I think you need a checking account, money is transfer automatically from that account.

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Jnetty99

I think you need a checking account, money is transfer automatically from that account.

Hmm. Any banks with good free checking?

TitanDiddly

Dec 8, 2003
OK, referral guys, I'd like to know the whole deal here- how does each party benefit from the referral?

Sparke

Oct 27, 2002
The person who is referred gets $25 in their account at startup. The per who does the referring is given $10. Both require a waiting period before it can be withdrawn.

Skunkwourk

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004
Originally posted by: Jnetty99

Hmm. Any banks with good free checking?

Washington Mutual

TitanDiddly

Dec 8, 2003
OK, monthly it is then. But how do I choose between the three referral offers? I ought to have a contest or something.

Also, what does 'accrue' mean? I know it means to add to- but how does that affect my balance?

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Originally posted by: PhasmatisNox
OK, monthly it is then. But how do I choose between the three referral offers? I ought to have a contest or something.

Also, what does 'accrue' mean? I know it means to add to- but how does that affect my balance?

It means its calculated daily, and then at the end of the month its all added to your account.

Youd get more interest in a month with 31 days than one with 30 days :)

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

I think you should base it on post count, title, or registration date.

;)

Viper GTS

JW310

Golden Member
Oct 30, 1999
OK, benefits sound good- but I still haven't found out how the interest compounds.

I'm pretty sure the interest compounds daily. I check my account 2-3 times a week, and each time, the amount of interest that it shows that I've earned for the month has increased from the last time I checked.

JW

Edit: looking above, I stand corrected, I believe... compounds monthly, accrues daily. Got it, I think.

TitanDiddly

Dec 8, 2003
Originally posted by: Viper GTS

;)

Viper GTS

Maybe I'll do politcal interests... conservative referals only! :D

Kalbi

Banned
Jul 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Viper GTS

;)

Viper GTS

Maybe I'll do politcal interests... conservative referals only! :D

Check here to verify political affiliation