Informal political poll: On a scale of 1-10 (1 being most liberal, 10 most conservative), how would you rate yourself?

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Pretty self-explanatory i think. You can use whatever definition for the terms "liberal" and "conservative" you like (adjust the names as necessary for your particular geography), and tell why you think you'd score yourself the way you do...

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Around 5 honestly :) Some here might think otherwise but their heads are so far up their conservative asses that they'd call a 9/10 a left wing liberal!

db

Lifer
Dec 6, 1999
That's tough, b/c I'm liberal on some things and conservative on others.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000

<< That's tough, b/c I'm liberal on some things and conservative on others. >>

Hence the scale ;)

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
Here's a question, if someone is at one end of the scale or the other, do you think that they're capable of taking an unbiased point of view on a subject? Can they put aside their opinions for a little while to look at something? Do you automatically assume that they don't try? :)

VirusDub

Golden Member
Aug 29, 2001
I took a test once showing that I was very liberal, but I think I'm more towards the middle now. I gave myself a 4.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001

<< Here's a question, if someone is at one end of the scale or the other, do you think that they're capable of taking an unbiased point of view on a subject? Can they put aside their opinions for a little while to look at something? Do you automatically assume that they don't try? :) >>

I think it's perfectly possible... just depends on the intelligence, objectivity and maturity of the person.

I consider myself to be fairly conservative, but that doesn't bar me from debating, pondering and discussing different point of views... and amending my own opinion, if need be.