Infinti FX45 is SWEET!!

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000
ok so i was driving up the 405 N in southern california near gardena, which is where nissan headquarters are, and i see an infiniti SUV in the carpool lane. i'm driving alone in the lane next to that, and well its pouring and there is traffic in the non car pool lanes but its light. so i'm like wait thats not a qx4 and its an infiniti, and there was tape over all the symbols and it had dealer plates. Anyways this thing looked awesome so i am fiddling in my pocket to get my minolta dimage x out.

I switch over to the exit lane (cut right like 3 lanes) then speed up to try to catch up and get a pic. couldnt do it.

Anyways i go online , and that car was a FX45 and damn its sweet. its got the v8 from the q45 (345 hp 4.5 L) and stock 21" rims. and it was gorgeous. it exited on inglewood, and i saw the side profile, and wow..... it was straight up sweet. i'd say size wise it was in the acura mdx size, but with that engine wow it could be an escalade competitior easily and lighter too.

http://www.infinitihelp.com/Infiniti/Models/FX45/photos.htm

the one i saw was an orangish color. i saw a nissan murano a few weeks ago, same color (orange like bronze like) and well th emurano the back of that car is straight hideous.

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Sweet Jesus. It's been a while since I saw a pic of that and it was tiny and crappy. That has to be the best looking SUV ever. It doesn't look bulky like it's trying to be macho, but lithe and agile.

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000
all i can say is 21" rims!!! and the back isnt all nasty and bulbous (if you look at a murano from right behind directly , you'll agree it looks horrible)

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
It's like the unholy fusion of a BMW M Coupe, a Volvo XCountry, and an Audi allroad.

:confused:

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
the fx45 isn't a luxury murano...its full size suv I think..or midsized? Built on its own platform.

Windogg

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
21" :)

My 20s weigh about 75lbs each and nearly killed me getting them into storage.

Windogg