Infiniti Q50

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Shlong, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Shlong

Shlong Diamond Member

2. amdhunter

amdhunter Lifer

Actually looks really nice. The G35/37 needed a facelift after so many years.

3. PottedMeat

PottedMeat Lifer

looks like they're doing the pinched nose thing like lexus... or did they do it first

4. phucheneh

phucheneh Diamond Member

Sooo...they'd like to be associated with the car that almost killed them (Q45) instead of the car that saved them (G35)? Does not compute.

Car looks okay, I guess, but it's too all over the place. Makes me say 'y' part looks like 'x' car instead of any it of really saying 'G'. The styling has never taken any huge leaps over the years, just kind of kept up with the times to be 'modern' but not overly edgy/futuristic/whatever. Personally, I like that.

I guess maybe the future is now, but it kinda looks like ass. I wouldn't be able to pick that apart from a Sonata on the road.

Also, they just redesigned the M like...two years ago? And it looks good. Better differentiated from the G while not being...well, ugly.

5. GoatMonkey

GoatMonkey Golden Member

I would have to say that it is an improvement. The last generation G sedans were not that great looking to me. I think that this is a car that will look better in person than in pictures. I think BMW still has the edge in styling over this. This Q50 may be a bit better looking than the 2014 Lexus IS though.

I would like to see a higher performance version of the Infiniti Q50 that can compete with IS-F (if they have one) and M3.

6. PricklyPete

PricklyPete Lifer

Just can't get past that grill...just ugly. The rest of the car is beautiful.

7. phucheneh

phucheneh Diamond Member

The side profile has some 'G' to it, now that I look a little closer...but I don't see how anyone can like the back. The lights have always been a signature...even after the restyle (2007 I think?) the rear lights just looked like a sleeker version of the previous.

These look like they came out of the BMW knock-off parts bin that half the manufacturers out there seem to be using.

edit: someone feel free to correct me if BMW wasn't the first to use that general shape. But it's definitely become way too widespread and utterly generic.

#7 phucheneh, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  8. thescreensavers

thescreensavers Diamond Member

I think it loos better than the second gens, but I still really like the look of the first gen sedan. It's a nice update, there will always be people who hate a redesign but hey I think it is much sharper looking

9. rommelrommel

rommelrommel Platinum Member

Like the car, don't understand the name change at all.

Every car will be a Q with some number that's only a reference to relative size... not engine displacement. Dumb dee dumb dumb.

#9 rommelrommel, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  10. BlahBlahYouToo

They're copying audi with the a3/a5/a7,etc.

The q50 is growing on me. Looks good.

11. CraigRT

CraigRT Lifer

I like the look of it, but I think they should have kept the old naming schemes.
    Nothing though in my eyes will beat an 06 era sedan. Hot. <3

[​IMG]

12. Howard

Howard Lifer

The front doesn't look like an Infiniti, but I like it anyway.

13. Arkaign

Arkaign Lifer

All dimensions mentioned other than weight. With it being larger in all respects, it's probably evolving into a more luxobarge role. Ah well.

I kind of miss the days when the G35 Coupe 6MT Sport was basically identical to the 350Z in performance. The G37 kind of fattened/softened things up, and now this .. is pretty far from sporty.

14. Imported

Imported Lifer

Hate the rear.. doesn't look like a G35/37 at all.

15. ElFenix

ElFenix Super Moderator and Elite Member
    Super Moderator

don't understand the name change at all. also, the lexus pinched nose look was awful when toyota did it and is still awful here. they've also got the lexus chrome bar between the taillights. might as well call it the IS370.

16. SSSnail

SSSnail Lifer

So, a BMW, Volkswagen, Lexus, and Hyundai had an orgy...

17. KentState

KentState Diamond Member

Take the emblem off the front end and I may thought Ford Fusion or Hyundai Sonata.