Infinite distance between two fingers.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 20, 2005
Originally posted by: Armen
I got it. Thank you.
Now how about this one. and thank you RadiclDreamer for cathcing mye mestakes.

SO here is another one i though of 5 years ago.
According to Einstein there should be future references that exist respect to us (present time dwellers) right?
If that is true and also the concept of NOTING IS IMPOSSIBLE, even inventing a time machine, then why
our future people haven't yet visited us?

Stupid I know, but I'd like to hear YOUR VOICES. that's right. I want YOUR opinion. YOU.

Please learn proper English before giving another "riddle".

Also, stop using carriage returns in the middle of your sentences. Just keep typing out your words like this and let the text editor auto format it for you.

Use carriages only to create new paragraphs.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Originally posted by: Dacalo
I remember this theory in a philosophy class.

The distance doesn't change though, only your perception. You can zoom in and zoom out as much as you want, but the distance remains the same. Go have fun with Google map.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I got it. Thank you.
Now how about this one. and thank you RadiclDreamer for cathcing mye mestakes.

According to Einstein there should be future references that exist respect to us (present time dwellers) right?
If that is true and also the concept of NOTING IS IMPOSSIBLE, even inventing a time machine, then why

Stupid I know, but I'd like to hear YOUR VOICES. that's right. I want YOUR opinion. YOU.

I don't really understand what you're saying (again). I think you're distorting Einstein's general theory of relativity, which states that from different reference points, time moves faster or slower for each reference point, depending on your velocity. I suppose someone could misconstrue this to mean that someone in frame of reference A is "in the future" because if they are approaching the speed of light, time slows down for them from B's point of reference. So when A thinks that 5 minutes have passed, B has actually progressed, say, 22 years, or whatever. A may think that his special time machine has allowed him to go 22 years into the future, and it only took him 5 minutes!

After writing that, and re-reading your post, I still don't know what you're talking about. Why people from the future haven't visited us? How do you know they haven't?

Oct 13, 2006
This is about Einsteins theory about worm holes, which needs the existence of future time to be true. by future i mean future time.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Hey could someone disprove my theory. Well I'm sure there were people before me who taught about it but I'd like to name it mine, since I discovered it without out side knowledge.

Two lines are approaching to each other.
You get to a point that the two lines are very close and about to hit each other.
You zoom in to that region, and the distance appears to be bigger.
again you get them to be as close as they can and zoom in that region where they are about to meet.
Thats a loop right there.

now imagine the lines are fingers.

--------------------------------------------------------SOLVED or BUSTED.
basically by zooming in your slowing the speed of lines that are approaching.
you can infinitly slow down time until you stop almost stop it.
Lim(time) when time --->0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:
HOW about this one, I already posted this at the end of the thread.

Here's something that is going to warp your mind. Cop pulls you over for speeding and you say at the point in time you clocked me, I was stationary.

Connoisseur

Platinum Member
Sep 14, 2002
This is about Einsteins theory about worm holes, which needs the existence of future time to be true. by future i mean future time.

Did Einstein theorize about wormholes that shot someone back in time? I remember he did mention that they could be "theoretical" constructs that can conceivably send a traveller forward through time (based on their perspective). Also, it involves some pretty exotic particles such as negative matter that haven't yet been proven to exist.

Besides, there are a whole lot of theories on time travel and the paradoxes involved with it. It's not something as cut and dry as saying "well travel back in time MUST be possible in the future".

::Edit:: Note the key term in here is Theoretical. While he was a genius, Einstein was by no means always right; I wouldn't take every theory that he had as gospel just yet. Though his accomplishments are absolutely mind-boggling, his biggest failure was his inability to tie out relativity with quantum mechanics.

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
If you find out the angles at which the lines are converging, won't you be able to calculate when they'd touch, regardless of how high you zoom in? The lines would eventually cross, and obviously they can't cross unless they converged at some point.