Infantry Online

Veos

Oct 31, 2007
Screenshots + Download.

http://www.station.sony.com/casualProduct.vm?Id=039

Team with gamers from around the world in this adrenaline-pumping collection of online combat games. It's all-out frenetic action in the world of Infantry where battles featuring up to 100+ wage throughout the day. Easy to play and simple to get into, Infantry offers a quick blend of tactics and action unlike any other massively multiplayer online game.

Games To Play:

-Mechanized Skirmish

Prepare for the tension of piloting heavy combat equipment in this game of mechanized combat mayhem. This is the best place for new players to try out the world of Infantry.

-Ambush

A team game of keep away - only with HEL guns and rocket launchers.

-Bug Hunt

Join the Collective Marines as they protect their spaceship against the infiltrating alien Skrall. Or team with the aliens as they maneuver the ship's air ducts intent on defeating the marines!

-Capture the Flag - Most Popular

The stakes are high in this action-packed team combat game. Choose your role as Infiltrator, Field Medic, Infantry, Combat engineer or Heavy Weapons. Don your Jump Pack as a Jump Trooper or lead your team to victory as a Squad Leader. Your goal is to get the flags and protect them from the enemy.

-I:RPG

Infantry's action/RPG project. Enter the world of Infantry from a new perspective. Clever class and item selection as well as deft skill are needed in order to build up your character and propel yourself down the path of your chosen profession.

-----

Low system requirements and overall great third person shooter in my opinion. I played this game back in 2002 or 2003 before it became part of SOE, now it's back to f2p!

Btw, don't be fooled by some of the player numbers. Max team size is usually 14 vs 14 :).

Kur

Feb 19, 2005
Was a good game before sony made it P2P, after that I think more then 90% of it's population left.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Kur
Was a good game before sony made it P2P, after that I think more then 90% of it's population left.

yep, but there are still people playing now that it's free to play.

Kur

Feb 19, 2005
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon

with a 1 hour limit, a nice Guest X tag, and no stats are saved. Man I wish they would make it free again, I loved CTF.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon

with a 1 hour limit, a nice Guest X tag, and no stats are saved. Man I wish they would make it free again, I loved CTF.

no, they actually made it like the original F2P again.

your own user name, persistent stats, banners.. the whole 9 yards

Auryg

Platinum Member
Dec 28, 2003
Heh. They should have kept it free to begin with, with ads to support it. I doubt it'll take off again, as much as I loved it. It's too old now for most people.

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
It's amazing how Sony makes installers that don't ask you where to f-ing install the stupid launchpad software, and then if you accidentally choose to install the game into the "programs" folder on a secondary drive, you cannot stop it from installing.

Nice job sony, jesus those people are retarded.