Infanticide... anyone pro?

FrontlineWarrior

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2000
Infanticide = killing of newborns.
Why do this? Some cases involved societies with little food supply, possibly quality of life issues. Just out of curiosity, anyone agree that infanticide is permissible?

I came across this issue while researching euthanasia btw.

BiB

Banned
Jul 14, 2000
Hmm, I'm pro-choice for abortion, but I think it would take a pretty convincing argument for me to condone the killing of babies at birth. I suppose that the circumstances could permit, just as people will eat others when they need to (like that plane crash), if you're unbeliavably low on food no point in keeping a baby around eh?

Doing it because "We wanted a boy" is not right though; that should earn you a good God-fearing beating at the very least.

BiB

Chef0083

Golden Member
Dec 9, 1999
Lots of people feel any type of abortion is infanticide! I don't think it's right to kill anyone at any stage of their life!

FrontlineWarrior

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2000
hmm interesting...
I'm pro euthanasia, but I'm not sure what to think about infanticide. It seems to me that the majority of the cases would involve the benefit of those already living and society in general rather than the newborn... sort of like, we don't got food for you so goodbye. Though I can also imagine circumstances in which infanticide would resemble more euthanasia in cases where the baby is severely, permanently, and profoundly disabled or in pain.

Zoltar

May 1, 2000
Except for the exception of the poor woman raped, and other horrendous instances....

Keep your freaking legs closed, it stinks anyway. :|

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
I have a teenage daughter who I'd like to strangle, but, of course that's perfectly legal. :p

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
I'd say partial-birth abortions pretty much qualify as infanticide. I'm sure some would disagree, but that is my personal belief.

Of course, there are situations where the mother's life is threatened, which is very unfortunate.

beat mania

Platinum Member
Jan 23, 2000
It's not really wrong to destroy it if you're the one who made it. Its the same as not making it in the 1st place anyway, I don't see anything wrong with that.

Swag1138

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2000
If you believe in God, and want to follow his ways, then there is no possible way you can be for any kind of murder. Life is the most precious gift anyone can get, or give. If you dont want children, get your tubes tied.

And Infanticide is just plain sick. Under no circumstance would I allow for Infanticide. Killing an infant because there isnt much food is selfish. You brought the child into the world, you owe it to the child to give it every chance at life you yourself had. If it lives a hard life, a life of poverty, what have you, at least it WAS life, and life is better than death in any circumstance. Saying you had an abortion, or any derivative thereof, because you didnt want to bring a child into this world is bullshtien. You dont want to bring a child into the world, then dont get yourself pregnant. In cases of rape, life is life, murder is murder.

The fact that there is so much support for Abortion(among other things) shows who really controls this world.

DanC

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2000
Congratulations... you've found a topic that will surely get you slammed.

in a word? NO!

thedarkwolf

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
"If it lives a hard life, a life of poverty, what have you, at least it WAS life, and life is better than death in any circumstance."

Damn I would hate to see what Hell is like if Heaven is worse than living in poverty, starvation, and disease.

DanC

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2000
Hell is eternal damnation.

Heaven is something altogether different.

This is a different discussion than the topic at hand...

DABANSHEE

Banned
Dec 8, 1999
In the case of babies born horribly deformed & mutated, I think the old fashioned unofficial policy of just sticking the baby in some dark corner of the hospital & letting it die, is maybe the best thing.

My parents know a couple who was in that situation, & that is what they decided with their doctor. But then some religious nut hospital nurse just couldn't mind her own business & kept feeding it & bring attention to the runt. Conseqently 'Joe' died of a very slow & painful death 3 years later, instead of having what would have been a relativelly painless death within days of being born.

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
I personally am pro-life, but it's all up to the couple/person involved as to whether they wish to have an abortion. I don't feel it's ever right, but I also don't believe we should take the choice away.

As for the killing of new-borns, I am without a doubt against it. Regardless of the stipulations of birth, I really can't come to any type of justification as to why an already birthed baby would NEED to be killed. And as for leaving a baby in a dark corner of a hospital...that I'm afraid is just plain sick.