Inexpensive Refurb PC $45 + tax looks like FS.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Do they state which Pentium is in it? I'm guessing a Sandy Bridge G630 or something. Am I close?

Should be an OK "browser box", if you add / replace with an SSD. Maybe throw in another 4GB DDR3 stick.

jiffer

Sep 14, 2007
This is basically a thread bump. :) It's very similar to another on-going deal at NewEgg Marketplace by the same seller:

https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...ro-69-99-fs-newegg-marketplace-seller.2553738

The older listing is vague about the processor and slightly inaccurate. For example, the specs say it has Intel HD 2000 graphics, which is not correct for a Pentium processor. The price is $10 higher than the newer listing. Assuming the other specs are the same, the only difference I see is the SuperMulti-DVD Burner as opposed to the "DVD Player". (A DVD-ROM drive might be the original equipment in the newer listing.)

The newer listing states that the machine has a Pentium G640 processor, which is the Sandy Bridge generation. According to the HP website, it has the Intel Q75 Express chipset, which supports Ivy Bridge processors, USB 3.0 (there are four ports in back), and DDR3 memory up to 1600 MT/s. The Pentium G640 only supports DDR3-1066 memory so that might be what you're getting. It has four memory slots, a 240W Active PFC power supply, and a PCI Express x16 3.0 expansion slot, so it has upgrade potential if you want to spend the extra money. If you added a Core i5 Ivy Bridge processor, an SSD, more RAM and a low profile GeForce GT 730/1030 video card it would be practically the same as the PC I'm using now, but then it might not be so inexpensive anymore.