Indulge another of my time wasting pursuits!

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
:music: To show that I can waste my time with more than just posts of neffing nonesensical fanboy posturing, I threw together a little instrumental tune from my home studio to showcase some of my musical talents.

At 4:08, you'll see that is somewhat a metaphor of my AT career...long, a little dull and not overly talented:)

AT lifer(OMG)
4:08 128 Kbps MPEG 3 audio 3.78MB
Instrumental Rock
(Here's a screenshot of my Audio Software)
Cakewalk Timeline

I play all the guitars and composed the MIDI drum parts. There is a small amount of dubbing for the main lead part in the some of the measures in the first half to make it listenable, but you'll see(hear) I didn't spend much time on the mix...just sat down an recorded the individual tracks in a single take and did it again if they were complete crap.

Comment if you care to, otherwise;
edit: btw, this so "not" about 6 years and 10,000 posts :beer:

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by: FoBoT
you can't do that!

Thanks,

as a matter of fact, I sure can and did :)

I've played the guitar almost my entire life.

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
you can't do that!

:) I added a screenshot to the OP of my audio software timeline. I scrunched the entire timeline to fit in the viewport but you can see my dubbs and the different instrument tracks.

If you're familiar with the interface, you can see its pretty straight forward setup. The drum track is a wav file recorded off the original MIDI, the rest are my guitars plugged through my Johnson J-Station into my PC using line-in on the onboard sound. All the tracks are still selected for the wav export (I used Lame to encode the mp3)

Oct 4, 2004
Originally posted by: rbV5
:music: To show that I can waste my time with more than just 10,000 posts of neffing nonesensical fanboy posturing, I threw together a little instrumental tune from my home studio to showcase some of my musical talents.

I think you meant, "To show that I can do more than just waste my time with 10,000....."

And Killer Guitar Playing, Dude!
:cookie:

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by: theprodigalrebel
:music: To show that I can waste my time with more than just 10,000 posts of neffing nonesensical fanboy posturing, I threw together a little instrumental tune from my home studio to showcase some of my musical talents.

I think you meant, "To show that I can do more than just waste my time with 10,000....."

And Killer Guitar Playing, Dude!
:cookie:

hehe, thanks!

I did mean what I wrote though. My music is mostly for my own entertainment, and so mostly just "wasting time", but of course in my mind, I'm a "legend". Thanks again for the props :thumbsup:

Xyo II

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 2005
hehe, thanks!

I did mean what I wrote though. My music is mostly for my own entertainment, and so mostly just "wasting time", but of course in my mind, I'm a "legend". Thanks again for the props :thumbsup:

Cool beans, I liked the music.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
:thumbsup: not bad!

Reminds me of Santanna and early Journey. Could use a little Greg Rollie on keyboards and vocals though :)

RichUK

Lifer
Feb 14, 2005
Huh, that's sounds pretty cool :thumbsup:. I can play instruments, i'm pretty damn good with the triangle, no joke :D

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by: JoeFahey
you can't do that!

Take this as a compliment OP.

Oh Yea! You bet I do. Seriously, thanks everyone for the positive feedback.
not bad!

Reminds me of Santanna and early Journey. Could use a little Greg Rollie on keyboards and vocals though

Wow, Thanks!

Yea, I grew up on guitar based rock. I listened to alot of pre-Perry Journey (and Post) and all rock/blues bands. Michael Schenker was one of my biggest influences as far as the style I always wanted to emulate. I would listen to all the old scorpions/ufo albums over and over trying tofigure out the solos, see him every chance I could live. (which lead to the realization that "rock star" wasn't in the cards for me)

Cool Beans, I liked the music.

Thanks!

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
(which lead to the realization that "rock star" wasn't in the cards for me)

LOL, DUDE you're DAMM good, you just don't BELIEVE in yourself.

Two things:

1). If you can't dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your Bull S*H*I*T*

2). Half the battle to success is the belief in ones self!

NOW GO OUT THERE AND DO IT!

Or you might have regrets! And when you make your millions you can send me my percentage then for my ADVISE that got you off your ARSE!

LOL :)

ALOHA

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by: DasFox

Two things:

1). If you can't dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your Bull S*H*I*T*

Or you might have regrets! And when you make your millions you can send me my percentage then for my ADVISE that got you off your ARSE!

ALOHA

I'm passionate about my playing, not so much about the whole band/industry thing. I'm too dedicated to my family to seriously seek an entertainment career and the I'm not big on an industry that attacks the very core of its base...the fans of the music:thumbsdown:

I'm more of an artist and would prefer that people freely enjoy my art. I wouldn't mind performing on some sort of level, so I may look for a way that suits me.

Sweet playing. Lets hear some Clapton songs while your at it
I'm a big blues fan. I play Clapton songs all the time......maybe? Thanks!

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
no, no
the music/guitar thing is cool :cool:

i meant you can't do a "i just reached XXXX posts thread", it is in the unwritten rules

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
no, no
the music/guitar thing is cool :cool:

i meant you can't do a "i just reached XXXX posts thread", it is in the unwritten rules

LOL, OIC. :eek: I didn't take it as negative at all though:)

I suppose I'm due for a lock....bummer.:( I hope not though. Its just a friendly little thread.

I guess I could edit the OP, or maybe I'll just post again with a different "theme" if I have to. I dunno...maybe?

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
Originally posted by: DasFox

Two things:

ALOHA

I'm passionate about my playing, not so much about the whole band/industry thing. I'm too dedicated to my family to seriously seek an entertainment career and the I'm not big on an industry that attacks the very core of its base...the fans of the music:thumbsdown:

I'm more of an artist and would prefer that people freely enjoy my art. I wouldn't mind performing on some sort of level, so I may look for a way that suits me.

Sweet playing. Lets hear some Clapton songs while your at it
I'm a big blues fan. I play Clapton songs all the time......maybe? Thanks!

Hmm.. I shot the Sheriff? More so along the lines like this? :D