Indiana doubles down on stupidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

master_shake_

Diamond Member
May 22, 2012
When Purvi Patel showed up in the St. Joseph Regional Medical Center’s maternity ward, bleeding and showing a protruding umbilical cord, Dr. Kelly McGuire immediately knew something was wrong.
“There should have been a baby at the end of the umbilical cord,” he testified in an Indiana court room.
McGuire, who is obligated to report cases of suspected child abuse, called the police, he told PRI. Informed that officials were heading to her home, Patel told her doctors that she’d had a miscarriage and had left her stillborn fetus in a dumpster behind a shopping center. Still in his hospital scrubs, McGuire followed police cars to the scene and examined the fetus, which he pronounced dead on arrival. Patel was charged with child neglect, and later with killing her fetus, and on Monday she was sentenced to 20 consecutive years in prison.
not even sure what to say about this oneo_O

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ailed-for-feticide-its-never-happened-before/

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
California/Los Angeles prosecuted (resulting in a plea/no-contest) Holly Ashcraft under similar circumstance.

Do you hold the state of California/Los Angeles in the same respects?

master_shake_

Diamond Member
May 22, 2012
California/Los Angeles prosecuted (resulting in a plea/no-contest) Holly Ashcraft under similar circumstance.

Do you hold the state of California/Los Angeles in the same respects?

5 years probation in cali vs 30 years in PRISON in indiana

my thread title stands.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Is pretty much a case that has been ongoing awhile now.

I'm still not sure it's just a case the girl screwed up really myself.

I'll reiterate the part I grew up in Indiana and moved away a second time 25 years ago I guess.

master_shake_

Diamond Member
May 22, 2012
How can you equate the punishment when one pleaded no-contest while the other was successfully prosecuted?

i didn't consider them to be the same.

that's why i said vs not the same as.

indiana's law is the reason she didn't plead no contest.

what about that are you not getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.