Indiana county cop lets health inspector tresspass with no warrant

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
I've read some about this briefly and what it basically came down to is the health inspector doesn't need a warrant to check out the property as a result of Indiana health code and regulations.

And in this case, the guy was putting in an illegal septic system in plain sight.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Very doubtful there is any case if it's a health official. They don't need a warrant.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: BigJ
I've read some about this briefly and what it basically came down to is the health inspector doesn't need a warrant to check out the property as a result of Indiana health code and regulations.

And in this case, the guy was putting in an illegal septic system in plain sight.

interesting, i totally dont agree with that. any person working for a government agency in my opinion should have a warrant to enter private property for inspection.

doesnt the guy need to pull a permit to put in a septic system?

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Citrix
Originally posted by: BigJ

interesting, i totally dont agree with that. any person working for a government agency in my opinion should have a warrant to enter private property for inspection.

doesnt the guy need to pull a permit to put in a septic system?

H3ll yea. Thats whay they were there. I think 90% of permits are more for raising your taxs for prop. tax reason but a septic tank one is not about taxs but about safety.

imported_weadjust

Golden Member
Apr 23, 2004
I don't have a problem with what the lady did. I used to be the county tax appraiser and I would enter every single parcel in the county to access the value of the building(s). I would have laughed at that dude and tell him to film all he wants.

Now if he wants to keep someone from tresspassing all he has to do is put a fence around the property and get some bad ass dogs.