Indian teen girls raped and hanged from tree

Carfax83

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2010
The latest bit of outrage from that side of the world:

New Delhi (CNN) -- In a nation with several rapes reported every hour, the act itself has become all too commonplace. But two teenagers in northern India suffered added indignity -- hanged from a tree after being allegedly gang-raped -- that has spurred international outrage about this incident, specifically, and, more generally, about the startling rate of rape in this South Asian country.

The attack happened Tuesday night in a village in Uttar Pradesh state's Budaun district, said R.K.S. Rathore, a deputy inspector-general of police. The victims were cousins, ages 14 and 16, and from the same village. They both belonged to what the police official called "backward castes," meaning they'd been born low on India's caste system that has long defined a person's place in society.The girls' families filed a complaint accusing three brothers of rape and murder, Rathore told CNN.

"We are investigating all possible angles and collecting evidence," he said Thursday. "So far, we have no evidence that points to any kind of enmity."

Police have been able to arrest and charge at least one of the suspects in the case as they hunt for the others.
In the video that accompanied the story, the presenter said that India has less rapes reported than the U.S and Europe.. Well duh, does she honestly think that the stigma against rape victims in India doesn't play a major factor in the lower rate of reported rape incidents?

Although that is changing to be sure. I'm certain the amount of reported rapes in India is going to increase dramatically as the culture becomes more sensitive to rape victims and more willing to leverage harsher punishments to rapists.

It must be said though, that the rape incidents in India that do receive international coverage are absolutely brutal. Not only were these two teenage girls raped, but they were also hanged D:

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Doing some quick Googling, the USA has a rate of 2.1 per 1000, and in a nation of over 300 million that's over 600,000 rapes a year, vs 60,000 in the open sentence of that CNN article. I think it's amazing how easily Americans get riled up over other nations' failures.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
Doing some quick Googling, the USA has a rate of 2.1 per 1000, and in a nation of over 300 million that's over 600,000 rapes a year, vs 60,000 in the open sentence of that CNN article. I think it's amazing how easily Americans get riled up over other nations' failures.

The two figures are useless for comparison and certainly for chastising anyone. The definition of rape will be different between countries as well as reporting methodology and a bunch of other things that make the two incompatible.

Just like using Obama's deportation figures to conclude he is harsher on illegals and deported more than his predecessor. The definition for what qualified as a deportation changed to Obama's benefit and all the sudden Obama is an honorary member of all sorts of border militias.

Perception is reality and cheaper to change in this case. Just like rape in India.

I too think we should focus ourselves inwards first and believe in glass houses and shit, but you even admit the two figures aren't even from the same source, and yet are qualified to use as the basis to chastise a nation?

Last edited:

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
And liberals think we're waging a "war" on women here. :rolleyes: They should be a little more grateful for what they have.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

Of course, an idiot would just take those kinds of numbers at face value and not think about how they are defined, what numbers might be under/over stated for different reasons and so forth.

The line that caught my eye from another article on this incident:

Last month, the head of Uttar Pradesh state's governing party, the regionally prominent Samajwadi Party, told an election rally that the party was opposed to the law calling for gang rapists to be executed.

'Boys will be boys,' Mulayam Singh Yadav said. 'They make mistakes.'

They're talking about gang rape, and the attitude is "boys will be boys, they make mistakes". I can't imagine any girl / woman reporting rape in that kind of an atmosphere, the real number of rapes there is probably 100x what is reported.

Jimzz

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2012
And liberals think we're waging a "war" on women here. :rolleyes: They should be a little more grateful for what they have.

Yea how dare you want to be treated equally and fairly, be happy as is and shut up. /republican party

Jimzz

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2012
Of course, an idiot would just take those kinds of numbers at face value and not think about how they are defined, what numbers might be under/over stated for different reasons and so forth.

They're talking about gang rape, and the attitude is "boys will be boys, they make mistakes". I can't imagine any girl / woman reporting rape in that kind of an atmosphere, the real number of rapes there is probably 100x what is reported.

Not only that but cops have been arrested over this now.
That's why they have to form mobs and protest as they know police will not do anything, heck they may have been part of it.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Yea how dare you want to be treated equally and fairly, be happy as is and shut up. /republican party

I don't think you understand what the "war" on women means in america.

It isn't about being treated "fairly" or "equally".

It is about no funding special government programs that give special benefits to women.

So basically its about the exact opposite of what you claim.

"How dare you not want to fund special programs to benefit women and pay for their life choices. Be happy being slaves to women other wise you are an evil misogynist." /Democratic Party"

Put another way.

US "War" on Women: OMG we can't get the government to give us free birth control.

India War on women: Women hung from a tree.

MasterOfUsers

May 5, 2014

Two policemen were involved in this one, the girls were of the lowest caste, not a flying fuck would be given had the girls lived.

MasterOfUsers

May 5, 2014
I don't think you understand what the "war" on women means in america.

It isn't about being treated "fairly" or "equally".

It is about no funding special government programs that give special benefits to women.

So basically its about the exact opposite of what you claim.

"How dare you not want to fund special programs to benefit women and pay for their life choices. Be happy being slaves to women other wise you are an evil misogynist." /Democratic Party"

Put another way.

US "War" on Women: OMG we can't get the government to give us free birth control.

India War on women: Women hung from a tree.

Actually it isn't, given that women have been treated unfairly in the workplace which is a gentlemens club from the top down it is absolutely vital that they cannot keep doing that or there will never be any equality.

It's as fucking simple as that but you will never get that because to the likes of you women are inferior.

You know, when i heard about that shooter, i thought "it was nehalem", the profile sounded just like you, a man who detests women for having the gall to have sex with men who are not you.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Actually it isn't, given that women have been treated unfairly in the workplace which is a gentlemens club from the top down it is absolutely vital that they cannot keep doing that or there will never be any equality.

That isn't what the "war on women" deal was about.

It's as fucking simple as that but you will never get that because to the likes of you women are inferior.

Actually that would be liberals. Hence why they feel that women need so many special government programs to take care of them.

You know, when i heard about that shooter, i thought "it was nehalem", the profile sounded just like you, a man who detests women for having the gall to have sex with men who are not you.

Wrong. I detest people that want me to pay for their life choices.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
I've read about and seen a lot on this subject in India, and it's guaranteed that *most* rapes in India aren't reported since the girls will recieve terrible treatment for even reporting it, let alone any sort of justice. It's still a society that in large part still views this as largely a "the girl must be a whore if she was raped, so she got what she deserved" type of attitude.

That view is slowly changing in areas of larger cities, but in rural India, it's much more of a norm.

So its folly to take any low-ball official rape stats from India all that seriously. (And no, none of it excuses our own rape rates- we're a society that's hellbent on third-wordizing ourselves, and there's many negative side effects that come along with that as well.)

MasterOfUsers

May 5, 2014
That isn't what the "war on women" deal was about.

It's all derived from the "headship" BS of Christianity originally anyway, it's about women being subjected to the rules of men without having a say on the matter, it's ALL about that.
Actually that would be liberals. Hence why they feel that women need so many special government programs to take care of them.

No, son, that there is a gentlemens club that won't allow women to succeed is a reality, it has nothing to do with women being inferior. In fact, women outperform men in college, so much that in Iran they had to close the schools for women because it got in the way of the whole Muslim version of "headship". Women are in no way inferior, they would not need anything at all but their own merits if they competed ON EQUAL GROUND. I spelled it out before, you didn't get it then and i doubt you will get it now.
Wrong. I detest people that want me to pay for their life choices.

I don't think you do, i really don't. I don't think you detest most CEO's who got bonuses while the banks collapsed but i do think you detest women in general just because you cannot for the life of you get laid.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
It's all derived from the "headship" BS of Christianity originally anyway, it's about women being subjected to the rules of men without having a say on the matter, it's ALL about that.

Which certainly explains India right?

No, son, that there is a gentlemens club that won't allow women to succeed is a reality, it has nothing to do with women being inferior. In fact, women outperform men in college, so much that in Iran they had to close the schools for women because it got in the way of the whole Muslim version of "headship". Women are in no way inferior, they would not need anything at all but their own merits if they competed ON EQUAL GROUND. I spelled it out before, you didn't get it then and i doubt you will get it now.

Maybe because the brightest men drop out and start businesses like Microsoft, Facebook, Dell, etc?

Dropping out of college and building a $100B company vs. getting a Masters in Women's Studies. Yeah those women are sure outperforming men.

I don't think you do, i really don't. I don't think you detest most CEO's who got bonuses while the banks collapsed but i do think you detest women in general just because you cannot for the life of you get laid.

You would be wrong:
It is certainly not want I want for financial corporations. They have repeatedly shown themselves to be morons and should be regulated as such.

Personally I think the worst offenders (think Countrywide, WAMU) should have been executed. And the rest should have been summarily caned.

MasterOfUsers

May 5, 2014
Which certainly explains India right?

Already explained that in my very first post in this thread, the caste system you retarded wise and beautiful woman of an imbecile.
I didn't find anything else to respond to in your post apart from an extreme minority example which is, of course, completely irrelevant when discussing generalities about the sexes.

My apologies for the assumption that you would want to protect the banker CEO's, have you done ANYTHING what so ever, protested in ANY way to make sure that they didn't get exactly what they did get and always will get in this status quo society?

I hope you won't vote Democrat or Republican at the very least and that you didn't do so for the last three elections either. If you did you are still supporting them.

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003

i do think you detest women in general just because you cannot for the life of you get laid.

While reading this article, I seriously questioned whether nehalem is one of these whiney "incel" guys...

http://jezebel.com/lessons-from-a-day-spent-with-the-ucsb-shooters-awful-f-1582884301

inf1nity

Golden Member
Mar 12, 2013
Some perspective from the ground-

1. this happened in a rural part of UP, one of the most uneducated, overpopulated, backwards and shittiest states of the country. (SOURCE: I live there)

2. the state government is run by one of the most corrupt, and criminal parties in the country. By criminal i mean, that most of the politicians of this party have connections with organized crime gangs. The president of the party recently said that if voted into power he will change the law that allows death sentence to be given to rapists because "boys are boys" and sometime make mistakes.

3. UP is basically a lawless land. the police are too corrupt, stupid and dumb to do anything. It is like a jungle, there are no laws, you have to watch out for yourself. If somebody murders you, they will probably get away with it by bribing the police some money