Indian English style font

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Hi guys.

I'm trying to find as many Indian 'style' English fonts that are free off the net somewhere.

Like this:

http://www.fonts.com/findfonts/detail.htm?pid=204862

I don't want the actual Indian font as it isn't what I need. I need the Indian English style one.

I have found some but they work off the internet and the styles aren't that great :(

Thanks.

Koing

amol

Lifer
Jul 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Koing
Hi guys.

I'm trying to find as many Indian 'style' English fonts that are free off the net somewhere.

Like this:

I don't want the actual Indian font as it isn't what I need. I need the Indian English style one.

I have found some but they work off the internet and the styles aren't that great :(

Thanks.

Koing

that looks like indian english style :confused:

i can make out the a, b, c, d, e, f, and so on...

Koing

Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Amol
Originally posted by: Koing
Hi guys.

Like this:

Thanks.

Koing

that looks like indian english style :confused:

i can make out the a, b, c, d, e, f, and so on...

Yes.

Your suppose to be able to read it. It has a few style marks and flicks to make it look like an 'Indian' font but it is suppose to be readable by English people also.

Koing

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
that font looks pretty cool.. let me know if you find something free that doesnt suck.

Koing

Oct 11, 2000
I will try and keep this updated.

Koing

Ikonomi

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2003
That's like Hebrew style. (I was referring to Jerusalem.)

I don't think I have anything like the first font. I'll take a look, but I don't think Adobe's published a font of that style.

icejunkie

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2004
Originally posted by: screw3d
Originally posted by: icejunkie
$45 for a font, lol

Good font by reputable font foundries can easily cost more than that!

what makes me laugh is the people that actually buy them

edit - this is rich:
Q: If Stone costs $200 per license, and Garamond looks very similar and is available for free, why don't we all just use Garamond?

A: There are two issues: one is the price; and the other is the font choice.

Price
The purported $200 price tag for Stone fonts is much exaggerated. While initial licenses may cost this much, WSU employees can purchase an "Extended License" with all 12 Stone faces (sans and sans serif) for $34.50. You will not be able to receive media with this; you will have to obtain a copy of the fonts from someone at WSU.

Font Choice
To the untrained eye, Garamond may look like Stone, and granted most audiences do not have the training necessary to recognize the differences. What WSU is trying to accomplish by using the Stone fonts is a subtle consistency. Through consistent use, even the untrained eye will recognize the font as being from Washington State University.
In addition, not all versions of Garamond are the same, so even within the University, there would be varying degrees of consistency with using Garamond.

Koing

Oct 11, 2000
As a student $45 for a thing that I'm trying to get the feel and look of isn't worth it. If I can find a font like it for free I'll use it instead :)

I just want to see what it would look like on a flyer.

Originally posted by: Ikonomi
That's like Hebrew style. (I was referring to Jerusalem.)

I don't think I have anything like the first font. I'll take a look, but I don't think Adobe's published a font of that style.

Thanks.

I had a look through Adobe's website and they didn't have one like it.

Koing

Koing

Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: thehstrybean
I can get you heiroglyphic, cuneiform, heiratic, linear b, and ancient...Interested? :p

Not really :p

:beer:

Koing