Incomprehensible mass shooting happens again

Page 92 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Co
good news, someone has officially died from the shooting. america! /obligatorysarcasm.

this is actually bad news
Cost of doing business with 2A.

A question does this signal the end of open air events in the country because you can't secure them in carry states??

Another question what would have been the result if most people in that area had been armed? More or less people being shot? Hint: police were already on the scene.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Shitlol

Just a joke, take it easy.

I'm an Air Force brat and a child of the 70s. My dad had me shooting & squirrel hunting at six.
No problem, bro. I wasn’t really upset. The more you deal with self hate the more worthy you can feel. Just remember that between squirrels and nut cases, only one can shoot back.

My Dad was Navy, by the way, and I saw shoot and kill a bird speck of a bird on a wire it was so far away. When he saw it fall it made him sick. He didn’t dream he would actually hit it. That was my lesson on hunting. Don’t shoot at anything alive, ever.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
800 police were on the scene, yet the NRA says more guns make us safer.

Maybe this will put an end to that bullshit premise.

Reactions: gradoman

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
BTW this will be a very graphic post but it may save your life..

Getting shot with a gun isn't like in the movies. It's not over quickly and usually takes a long time for someone to die.. mostly by bleeding out.

If you want to survive.. First call 911 and next stop the bleeding.

Wrap it, put on pressure, lean against a wall, whatever it takes to stop the bleeding. Quick clot will save your life!

If possible have a friend drive you to a trauma center!

9 out of 10 gun shot victims survive, so long as they can stop the bleeding. Use a tourniquet only if you know how to use it!

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Three people have been detained. If it's really three people, this isn't likely a nutter and more likely a terrorist attack. Meaning political motives.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Three people have been detained. If it's really three people, this isn't likely a nutter and more likely a terrorist attack. Meaning political motives.

I did hear it described as a "dispute between the parties involved" on TV. So it might not be that certain just yet.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I did hear it described as a "dispute between the parties involved" on TV. So it might not be that certain just yet.

Ah, OK. It just seemed odd to me since the only mass shooting I can recall with more than one shooter was Columbine, which had two. If this was a dispute among several people with guns, then, wow. Just wow. Is there a better argument for why people shouldn't be carrying them around?

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Ah, OK. It just seemed odd to me since the only mass shooting I can recall with more than one shooter was Columbine, which had two. If this was a dispute among several people with guns, then, wow. Just wow. Is there a better argument for why people shouldn't be carrying them around?

Yeah, but no one on the right gave a shit about Sandy Hook either. /shrug

Reactions: Meghan54 and dank69

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
So similar to the Toronto Raptors NBA Championship parade shooting incident. They arrested 3 guys at the scene also. But no further updates even though 4 years ago

• Wow
Reactions: dank69

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
BTW this will be a very graphic post but it may save your life..

Getting shot with a gun isn't like in the movies. It's not over quickly and usually takes a long time for someone to die.. mostly by bleeding out.

If you want to survive.. First call 911 and next stop the bleeding.

Wrap it, put on pressure, lean against a wall, whatever it takes to stop the bleeding. Quick clot will save your life!

If possible have a friend drive you to a trauma center!

9 out of 10 gun shot victims survive, so long as they can stop the bleeding. Use a tourniquet only if you know how to use it!
Wife thinks I am crazy for self cauterization, multiple times. Never a gunshot wound, though I would do that also if it went through.
Worst one was on my inside wrist, sheet metal at a stamping plant slipped and hit me on the inside wrist. That one hurt quite a bit and took awhile to seal up.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Wife thinks I am crazy for self cauterization, multiple times. Never a gunshot wound, though I would do that also if it went through.
Worst one was on my inside wrist, sheet metal at a stamping plant slipped and hit me on the inside wrist. That one hurt quite a bit and took awhile to seal up.
My friend Jerry was having an allergic reaction while his wife was driving and he's like "get me a pen because I may have to give myself a tracheotomy" but luckily it never came to that.

Jerry is the fucking man btw. One of the most brilliant and interesting people I've met.

• Wow
Reactions: nakedfrog

APU_Fusion

Dec 16, 2013
Heard ESPN radio host talk about how her 4 year old has active shooter drills. She nearly broke down live on radio. I admit I also teared up a bit. A four year old … doing active shooter drills. Wtaf

Reactions: Fenixgoon

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
Heard ESPN radio host talk about how her 4 year old has active shooter drills. She nearly broke down live on radio. I admit I also teared up a bit. A four year old … doing active shooter drills. Wtaf

Well we already have 6 year olds shooting up school teachers so it's pretty good to give the 4 year old a heads up!

dlerious

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2004
It was duck and cover when I was in elementary in 60's.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So similar to the Toronto Raptors NBA Championship parade shooting incident. They arrested 3 guys at the scene also. But no further updates even though 4 years ago
You mean the NBA aren’t a violent organization? Not enough black people I guess at least in management positions.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
But Republicans claim drag queens are the real threat to kids

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
It was duck and cover when I was in elementary in 60's.
Similar but not the same. The number of children that died from surprise Russian nuclear attacks is....0.

And if people had died, Congress surely would have done something about it. OTOH, hundreds have died in school shootings, and Congress has done jack shit (thanks repubs).

Congress, for example, could pass laws that help prevent mass shootings. Not so much with a Russian nuclear attack.

This link has some interesting (and depressing) information.

Nov 29, 2006
Co

Cost of doing business with 2A.

A question does this signal the end of open air events in the country because you can't secure them in carry states??

Another question what would have been the result if most people in that area had been armed? More or less people being shot? Hint: police were already on the scene.

Yeah, but they only had 800+ police.....

Reactions: HomerJS