INCINERATING! 32" WEGA HDTV for $1313 at Sears

Wingster

Jan 23, 2001
Damn this is such a HOT HOT deal.. just goto pricegrabber and type/search 32HS20 ... You'll see 2 sites that have it for sale at ~1460. Print it out and TAKE it to your local Sears store.. I tried calling but they won't gimme the pricematch.. Just find a friendly sales rep.. perhaps mid 20s or 30s.. Just say you want buy one today and ask them about the pricematching and mine just pricematched it right on the spot (he didn't ask anything about shipping cost or anything).. Ask him about the 10% off coupon or the saturaday sale.. he'll prolly give you a 10% discount too.. I just got mine for 1313 plus tax.. Maybe I'll stop by saturaday morning and try to get an extra 10% by saying the previous was from coupon :D

btw, retail costs 1799 at sears

Also you don't need a sears card... I charged it with my AMEX Blue.. also called them and they say they are willing to pricematch the TV bought at sears with online sales. Even though I can't find any KV32HS20s for under 1400 online, I don't have to worry about that problem.. But in case your local sears don't allow it.. use AMEX Blue to bring it down to about $1500 total.. which is also a really good deal :D

wesbc

Jul 2, 2001
The last time I tried to do a PM and 10% off the sales rep said no. I might try again but I want the 36" model!!!

Curious though, where did you do this at. I was trying at Middletown, NJ.

Wingster

Jan 23, 2001
Heheh I am so happy coz I got it :D And I got the receipt to prove it :D Now all I need is a scanner ... :D

XFreebie

Banned
Dec 12, 2000
well u dont have to say @!#$ in ur title and its not a hot deal for a lot of us like me since we cant afford to drop down $1300+ on a tv... i mean my 1.4Ghz athlon machine cost nearly 1/3rd that.

Feb 24, 2001

<< The last time I tried to do a PM and 10% off the sales rep said no. I might try again but I want the 36" model!!!

Curious though, where did you do this at. I was trying at Middletown, NJ.
>>

got lucky last year :)
sears had the 32" wega for 1300$ (best buy and cc were like 1200). monkey ward had it on sale for 999$. i pricematched to them, and applied for a credit card for 10% off, let me do it :). 900$ was a steal back then, 400$ off.

shurato

Platinum Member
Sep 24, 2000
This is a hot deal if it works...but sears pricematching in itself can't really be labeled officially a hot deal as its been around for a while and people have been doing it for tv's. Also, because its not under 20 bucks with free shipping, its not a hot deal? There are people who consider saving a few hundred bucks on a nice TV a hotdeal... Personally I'm going to wait a little bit longer before purchasing a flatscreen tv.

rufruf44

Platinum Member
May 8, 2001
How much better is the quality of a WEGA compared to a 50' Projection HDTV??? Really want look more into this, since the 50' is at least $500 more than the WEGA.

Wingster

Jan 23, 2001
I bought it from the Holyoke Mall in Holyoke, MA 01273

I am gonna pick it up after work so I'll try to get his name if any of you needs it :D

Wingster

Jan 23, 2001
Wega kills the projection TV.. I always find angle problems with projection.. the clarity usually suck.. unless you're willing to pay errr... several grand more :D

tazmania99

Golden Member
Mar 19, 2001
Hm...this is absolutely a hot deal if everything works fine. Too many uncertainties. Maybe not worth the time you need to spend.

SeiyaMan

Oct 6, 2001
well, it's definitely YMMV thing. my local sears sworn that they don't pm onlines. I talked to 4~5 ppl there, none of em did it for me back in thanksgiving. If it works for anyone, then congrats. But i believe this belongs in brag and moan since very few ppl could get it pm with 10% off and no shipping.

RDMustang1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2001
I pricematched my sony digital camcorder to an online store, but no matter what I said (to 3 different salespeople) they demanded I paid overnight shipping ($90) and taxes (even though the website didn't charge tax to me).. Still I saved about $400 but I was still upset... Good luck getting free shipping (I'd hate to see what overnight shipping is on a item this big)

darth maul

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 1999
Nice job saving yourself $400 off of Sears pricing. But if it were me, I'd get a projector for a view hundred more, and end up with a 80" screen. :) Is it really worth $41 per diganol inch? I know, to each their own...

shurato

Platinum Member
Sep 24, 2000

<< I bought it from the Holyoke Mall in Holyoke, MA 01273

I am gonna pick it up after work so I'll try to get his name if any of you needs it :D
>>

Watch out, I think you might kill yourself if you try to haul it home by yourself :) WEGA's are heavier than a mofo.

Maetryx

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001

<< Is it really worth $41 per diganol inch? >>

uh huh huh, yeah yeah. Cool. (Beevis and Butthead)

hoomza444

Aug 21, 2000
wega is still a front tube television, so the picture quality will be better for normal use. the Bigger projection HDTVs are actually good picture quality, but require other things to go along with them. for example, the widescreen 50+inch tvs need DirectTV or some other Digital service in order do display the picture proportionally. And as for playing dvds, the dvds look OK on the bigger tvs, but i would seriously recommend getting a progressive scan DVD player if you get those, they make a huge difference.

overall, i would say unless the WEGA tv is XBR series, then you don't need to feel you will lose very much by jumping up to the bigger screens.

good luck to everyone with this deal, hope it works out.

Dre

Platinum Member
Oct 15, 2001

<< So sears will pricematch anything you can find online, and then BEAT the price? >>

Nope. It's really a hit or miss type thing. It's not garanteed that the salesman will let you.

JoshMKiV

Oct 2, 2001
Just as some backup, this weekend I bought the 65" Mitsu WS65809 at Sears. They priced matched it all the way down to $2500 (which is a great deal - $3700 retail, $2800 Crazy Eddie price). Sears was also willing to take off another 10%, even though the sale had ended. And on top of it, the guy gave me free delivery.

The key is to buy the 3 year warranty - $299 - 10%. Like the other threads say, this is how the salespeople make their money, and they will lower the price as much as they can if you take the protection plan. You can always return the protection plan, but for $270, I think I'll keep it.

Remember, YMMV, but Sears is still pricematching...

FriedToast

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2001
A few different reps in Spokane @ Sears were willing to do whatever it took PM-wise to get me into a Mitsu. I'm just at the unfortunate place in life where I'm going to have to pass up the deal. I was >.< that close, too. Darn it. I want my Mitsu!!!