In which game did you insert most coins ?

unxpurg8d

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2000

Centipede, and then later that Sega motorcycle thingy you could sit on and ride. The kids were really little at the time, and I'd take 'em with me to the arcade at the Tacoma B&I. Guys would snigger when the mommy with the kids in tow waited patiently for a chance to ride. Used to be fun to watch guys post high scores and swagger off, then get on and wipe 'em off the board. :) If anyone remembers the B&I back then, it was SO cool. Ivan the gorilla and all.

I'm now the proud owner of an arcade version of Space Odyssey - or at least a big ol' cabinet that houses the parts of it. Now if I could just get it to work. :(

When I was little probably Tempest. I know I pumped the most amount of cash into Mortal Kombat II. I used to play that sucker everyday.

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
For me it was quite a few games.

Tempest
Mr. Do
Pengo
Black Widow
Excite Bike
Elevator Action
Time Pilot
Zaxxon
Super Pac-Man
Ms. Pac-Man
Galaga
Smash T.V.

There are a lot more I am sure but those are the ones that pop into my mind first.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Street Fighter 2 definitely. But, I remember when my school fair had Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles The Arcade Game, and me and 2 of my friends were playing...we were about half way through. Another one of my friends walks up and plunks in about $10 in quarters. We beat the game (it's really really easy with 4 people), and he had only lost one life. He was sooooo pissed off...he just assumed the machine would return his quarters. Instead, it reset itself and he lost all the credits he had. hahahaha :)

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Ms Pacman (My local arcade's highest score ever - they kept it open an extra hour to let me finish)
Qbert (Eventually I could play that game all day - open 'till close - on one quarter)

bluemax

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2000
I definately vote for Afterburner!! (or is it aft.II?)
Man, that game's still cool today! I might not have spent the most quarters on it, but it's close- and DEFINATELY my fav. of all time!
(Maybe being in Air Cadets for so many years did that...) :D

Crimson

Banned
Oct 11, 1999
Speaking of Pengo, I won a full size arcade game of that from a cereal called "Halfsies" anyone remember that?

Farbio

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2000
i spent some money when i was lil kid, but i spent alot more in acrades during hs and in college....either area51 or daytona usa have most of my money
runners up:
afterburner
cruisin usa
streetfighter II tournament

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Pinball machines. They change frequently so there's not one specific machine.

Video games didn't do much for me since you couldn't win free games like you can with pinball. Some nights I'd play for hours on a couple of bucks.