In what order, would you play these titles ?

MentalIlness

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2009
Recently I have gotten back into PC gaming, after two fractured vertebrae in my neck. I decided to buy some games...some are on Steam and some are on Uplay and Origin. I also bought a few from the Humble Bundle.

I have never played any of them. So in what order would it be best to play these ? I have 4 weeks to kill, so I think these games will hold me for that long.

Anyway, these are the games.

STEAM

Bioshock Infinite
Borderlands
Borderlands II
Call Of Juarez Gunslinger
Hitman Absolution
Max Payne 3
Sniper Ghost Warrior
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2
Sniper Elite V2
Sniper Elite III
Metro 2033
Just Cause 2

ORIGIN

Battlefield 3
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
Crysis 3
Dead Space 3
Need For Speed Most Wanted "On The House Game from Origin"

UPLAY

Far Cry 3 + Blood Dragon
Splinter Cell Blacklist

Last edited:

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
Recently I have gotten back into PC gaming, after two fractured vertebrae in my neck. I decided to buy some games...some are on Steam and some are on Uplay and Origin. I also bought a few from the Humble Bundle.

I have never played any of them. So in what order would it be best to play these ? I have 4 weeks to kill, so I think these games will hold me for that long.

Anyway, these are the games.

STEAM

Bioshock Infinite
Borderlands
Borderlands II
Call Of Juarez Gunslinger
Hitman Absolution
Max Payne 3
Sniper Ghost Warrior
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2
Sniper Elite V2
Sniper Elite III
Metro 2033
Just Cause 2

ORIGIN

Battlefield 3
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
Crysis 3
Dead Space 3
Need For Speed Most Wanted "On The House Game from Origin"

UPLAY

Far Cry 3 + Blood Dragon
Splinter Cell Blacklist

Skip all the games with Sniper in the title. Skip Splinter Cell. Skip NFS: Most Wanted. Skip Dead Space 3 unless you've played the first two, it's a terrible way to approach that series playing the third one first.

Games worth playing and in this order:
Metro 2033
Borderlands 1
Battlefield 3
Just Cause 2
Crysis 2
Borderlands 2
Bioshock Infinite
Far Cry 3
Max Payne 3
Crysis 3
Blood Dragon

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Metro 2033
Metro Last Light (Why isn't this on your list?!)
Bioshock Infinite
Borderlands
Borderlands 2 (be careful, both Borderlands games are incredibly addicting)
Just Cause 2
Battlefield 3
Far Cry 3

The rest you can refund.

MentalIlness

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2009
Metro 2033
Bioshock Infinite
Borderlands
Just Cause 2
Battlefield 3
Far Cry 3

The rest you can refund.

I know right ? I guess I just decided to try out the first one "Metro"..then if I liked it get the second one. Which doesn't make much since since I went with both Borderlands...and others. :/ Far Cry 3 I got dirt cheap in the Humble Bundle .... then a week later, they added to the bundle which was Blacklist and Blood Dragon. And NFS MW was on the house on Origin. Still available too. I only got that because it was free, and I have every other Need For Speed ever made. I even have NFS Porshe Unleashed. :) I do have Dead Space as well. But never did get Dead Space 2. Bought DS3 because it was "cheap".

I have a big Steam library. From sales and deals over the years. It gets very addicting buying games.....Been a Steam member since November 2004 when Half Life 2 was released.

Yea I know, that is a lot of info that isnt needed. But I made a deal with myself, no more buying until I play all of these.

So what is it about the Sniper games that you don't like ? Because for the prices I got these games at, refunding would be pointless...and for the fact, my son can play them as well.

EDIT: And just to add, The last game I played multiplayer, was Doom 3. Have not played MP before that, nor after. I prefer single player myself. Maybe age is creeping up, I dont know.

Last edited:

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Play the Multi-part ones in order. Other than that, play the Single Player ones in whatever order you want, Multiplayer games you can play whenever, even if you're playing one of the other games at the time.

More importantly, find a set of Keys that you are comfortable with and try to use them as consistently as possible between the various games. I don't know how bad your injury is, but as someone with a similar injury, most Default Keybindings just don't work for me. Which is why I use the Arrow keys rather than WASD.

MentalIlness

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2009
Play the Multi-part ones in order. Other than that, play the Single Player ones in whatever order you want, Multiplayer games you can play whenever, even if you're playing one of the other games at the time.

More importantly, find a set of Keys that you are comfortable with and try to use them as consistently as possible between the various games. I don't know how bad your injury is, but as someone with a similar injury, most Default Keybindings just don't work for me. Which is why I use the Arrow keys rather than WASD.

I have tried using the arrow keys in the past...something about it just dont feel right to me. Ive always been a WASD guy. Seems to work for me well, even with the injury. And even though my neck was injured, I have no idea how it even happened. Just always had a lot of neck pain...wife finally convinced me to see our doctor...they found the vertebrae broken. News to me. But this isnt the place for that, So yea. :)

But now. less posting...and more playing.

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
Metro 2033
Dead Space 3
Bioshock Infinite
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Max Payne 3
Hitman Absolution

I'd alternate between stealth based games and fps and hence the list.
Also, I'd play NFS Most Wanted in between just as a refresher for 10-15 mins.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
So what is it about the Sniper games that you don't like ? Because for the prices I got these games at, refunding would be pointless...and for the fact, my son can play them as well.

They are fun, but usually repetitive. If you got them really cheap then go for it, but I wouldn't pay full price for them.

As for your list, you can easily spend years trying to finish the games you have (depending on the type of gamer you are). I've put in well over 800 hours in Borderlands 1 and over 2,000 hours into Borderlands 2 alone. When I was buying my house and dealing with Comcast, I was without Internet for the first six months and both Borderlands kept me entertained in offline mode.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Bioshock Infinite is a gorgeous, stunning game but it does get a bit repetitive. Otherwise this game is pure awesome.

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012

Oh, nothing that bad really. And if you got them for cheap than ya good deal. I just figured you said you had 4 weeks to play these games and you listed off like a years worth of games lol...

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
Oh, nothing that bad really. And if you got them for cheap than ya good deal. I just figured you said you had 4 weeks to play these games and you listed off like a years worth of games lol...

That's kind of how I took it. You would need a full week just to get through some of those games. 40 hours+ for both FarCry3 and Borderlands 2. Both are worth playing.

I would also definitely recommend Bioshock Infinite and Metro2033. It would only take a couple of days (or one long day) to get through both.

I would play Crysis + Crysis Warhead instead of C2 and C3. They're both usually cheap as dirt. I like all the games in the series, but the original PC titles are what sold it for me.

Just Cause 2 can be a good game to jump in and out of just for fun. It gets too repetitive to actually play all the way through (I have no idea how long that would take).

If you're not into MP, Battlefield 3 isn't really worth playing. I kind of wish BF would just go back to throwing bots in their MP maps for SP, because most of their campaigns are pretty rubbish.

Last edited:

MentalIlness

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2009
Yea, well...it isnt like I have four weeks to "finish the games" I just have four weeks to "keep busy". And I figured these games were a great way to do that. And.....I narrowed it down Metro, Far Cry 3 and Bioshock Infinite to start with, so I started with Far Cry 3. And I have already finished Crysis and Warhead a long time ago...Which was the main reason I picked up 2 and 3.

What are the problems with Splinter Cell Blacklist ? Of course, the last Splinter Cell game I finished, was Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. And that was a LONG time ago. I think it was one of the first games to use Shader Model 3.0 and I thought it looked great at the time. Really really looks dated now.

Last edited:

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is a great way to spend 8-10 hours. I had more fun playing CoJ:G than almost any other game on your list, except Bioshock Infinite, Metro 2033 and Blood Dragon.

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
borderlands 2 is a game i could spend years playing, as its a bit like Diablo theres always something to do, roll a new char, try new builds etc

thats just me though, im not the type to one and done a game like that

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Metro 2033
Bioshock Infinite
Borderlands
Just Cause 2
Battlefield 3
Far Cry 3

The rest you can refund.

gah borderlands 1 and 2 in sequence? I played through 1 two years ago and I still have not played 2 since I was burned out on 1.