In tribute to vets, Democrats display Russian Warships

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
Republicans showing the wrong military hardware at their convention would be like the Democrats having only old white guys on stage.

And if you actually watched any of the RNC, they had few of those on stage. Minorities were well represented.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Democrats oppose the Constitution...

Last I checked it was Republicans trying to revoke the Constitutional right to vote for some people. Republicans who supported suppressing the free speech of the Occupy movement.

You should stop trying to be witty and stick to welching on bets, that's what you're good at.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
The Constitution clearly lists a voting age requirement. Photo ID is a way to prove that (like they already do with the sale of alcohol and tobacco). I know you already understand this, but you are compelled by your masters to pretend you do not.

Dems want to ensure the constitutionally required voting age limit cannot be enforced. Thanks for again proving my point, though you did not intend to do so.

mafia

Golden Member
Jul 10, 2008
That's a major shame. Both parties are fucked. Time for third party, Gary Johnson 2012.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
The Constitution clearly lists a voting age requirement. Photo ID is a way to prove that (like they already do with the sale of alcohol and tobacco). I know you already understand this, but you are compelled by your masters to pretend you do not.

Dems want to ensure the constitutionally required voting age limit cannot be enforced. Thanks for again proving my point, though you did not intend to do so.

Of course, I forgot about the Constitutionally guaranteed right to purchase alcohol and tobacco as mentioned in Article 9 Section "cybrsage is an idiot". I haven't been carded for alcohol in years, I guess they're violating the Constitution now? And I like how often your argument has changed and you're not using the voting age minimum (not limit as you're never too old to vote). So you now believe we allow people under 18 to register to vote?

Thank YOU for proving my point, that you need to go back to welching bets because that's what you're good at.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Just as a courtesy. I've never understood why so many Americans have come to view apologies as a sign of weakness. To me it's just an acknowledgment that one is fallible, and that any offense taken was accidental instead of intentional.

I was thinking the same thing, at some point it became a form of weakness to admit doing anything wrong or making a mistake. Personally, I have a lot more confidence in someone willing to say "I made a mistake, I'll learn from it" than someone who stubbornly refuses to admit a mistake. Remember when GWB was asked if he'd do anything differently in hindsight and basically said he wouldn't do anything differently?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
"On the last night of the Democratic National Convention, a retired Navy four-star took the stage to pay tribute to veterans. Behind him, on a giant screen, the image of four hulking warships reinforced his patriotic message.

But there was a big mistake in the stirring backdrop: those are Russian warships."

Photo

Navy Times

Would it be provincial to expect an American Political Party to use a photo of American Military Assets in their tribute to veterans?

Uno
troll much???
There has already been a formal apology.....people make mistakes.......of course you probably have never made a mistake...

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Democrats oppose the Constitution...
links please that state the democrats oppose the constutution...
I said links...not examp[les of how you think they oppose the constitution.

Please link to me where it states that the Democrats oppose the constitution and have come out stating that as a fact....

unokitty

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2012
troll much???
There has already been a formal apology.....people make mistakes.......of course you probably have never made a mistake...

Two things.

One
At the time of my original posting, there had been no apology.

Two
If you had looked through the thread you would of seen that after there was an apology, I posted a link to it. But it was more of a "It wasn't our fault, it was a vendor mistake..." type of statement. Didn't look too timely or formal to me. More like get off our back, it wasn't our fault...

Everyone makes mistakes.

Some people take responsibility and apoligize without pointing the finger at others.

Insulting me doesn't change that...

Uno

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Two things.

One
At the time of my original posting, there had been no apology.

Two
If you had looked through the thread you would of seen that after there was an apology, I posted a link to it. But it was more of a "It wasn't our fault, it was a vendor mistake..." type of statement. Didn't look too timely or formal to me. More like get off our back, it wasn't our fault...

Everyone makes mistakes.

Some people take responsibility and apoligize without pointing the finger at others.

Insulting me doesn't change that...

Uno
your problem is you want the wrong people to take the blame...vendor error --- so be it! End of story!!

Last edited:

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
"On the last night of the Democratic National Convention, a retired Navy four-star took the stage to pay tribute to veterans. Behind him, on a giant screen, the image of four hulking warships reinforced his patriotic message.

But there was a big mistake in the stirring backdrop: those are Russian warships."

Photo

Navy Times

Would it be provincial to expect an American Political Party to use a photo of American Military Assets in their tribute to veterans?

Uno

Are these the warships that Obama has dispatched to the middle east?

Apr 27, 2012
That's a major shame. Both parties are fucked. Time for third party, Gary Johnson 2012.

Well said but there are too many idiots on this forum who attacked Gary Johnson along with Ron Paul. Idiots deserve to suffer the consequences

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
I realize you probably walk around saying "he" instead of "I" when referring to yourself (most likely due to one of your many neuroses), but you need to realize most others do not.

Talking about yourself in the third person does not follow from "L2read," which uses the implied second person, "you."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subject_(grammar)

L2write.

You fail very epically, though. I say play to your strengths and keep failing, it is one of the few things you are good at.

Being too stupid to see the correct conclusion is yours. So why persist in posting yours? Oh, because you're too stupid to see the correct conclusion. So you will keep posting judgments that you can't see that I can validly dismiss due to the invalidity of your methodology.

You are a version of my 16 year old self who is further handicapped by having multitudes of sacred cows. Even turning those cows into hamburgers, you're still at least a decade away from being able to say anything that would touch me. Currently, you're not even on the path. 11,276 posts, and in not a one have you grown.

Bored now. No challenge, and none in sight.

Last edited:

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Last I checked it was Republicans trying to revoke the Constitutional right to vote for some people. Republicans who supported suppressing the free speech of the Occupy movement.

You should stop trying to be witty and stick to welching on bets, that's what you're good at.

Republicans have never stated that a legitimate voter does not have the right to vote. all you have to do is prove you are the legitimate voter.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Since you cannot follow along, I will post the entire conversation for you. I know it will still be hard for you to follow, but at least others will see you for the idiot you are and not the smarter than everyone person you claim to be.

Your right only 10 more years :D

What's a "right only"?

It is roughtly a third of what he posted; you knew that when you edited the quote though, didn't you?

>doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're."

L2read

He probably knows the difference and either does not care or, more likely, he is simply giving you enough rope to hang yourself with and you immediately started winding the needed thirteen loops...

I was talking about you.

Wow, can't even follow that.

I realize you probably walk around saying "he" instead of "I" when referring to yourself (most likely due to one of your many neuroses), but you need to realize most others do not.

You fail very epically, though. I say play to your strengths and keep failing, it is one of the few things you are good at.

Talking about yourself in the third person does not follow from "L2read," which uses the implied second person, "you."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subject_(grammar)

L2write.

I bolded the word HE, since you think it either says YOU or I. I posted the word HE. Fail, they name is DominionSeraph.

Last edited:

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
That's one way to couch a massive voter disenfranchisement play to combat a basically non-existent form of voter fraud.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57511312/study-voter-id-law-would-exclude-up-to-700000-young-minorities/

An analysis by the Brennan Center for Justice at New York University's law school found that 11 percent of Americans lack a government-issued photo ID such as a passport, driver's license, state ID card or military ID. Nine percent of whites don't have such ID, compared with 25 percent of blacks and 16 percent of Hispanics, the Brennan study said.

Question begs; why can they not get the ID. the issue has been known for years. the liberals have founds excuses instead of finding ways to solve the problem on getting an ID.

Young minority voters, Cohen and Rogowski said, tend to be poorer and more transient, which means they are less likely to have a current address on their driver's licenses or other ID. Their licenses may be suspended or revoked due to unpaid fines, or they may not have access to the documents they need in order to get valid identification. Even if young voters are able to pull the necessary documentation together, the extra steps they must take to get an acceptable ID might prove discouraging, Cohen said.

"They have to find the appropriate office, bring the needed paperwork and pay the required fee, all to get an ID many don't know they need," she said. "It turns out that significant numbers of young people don't even know about these new photo ID requirements."

Cry me a tear for the excuses on the youngsters; ignorance of the law is no excuse.
They know they have to update their DL when moving.
Nothing is stopping them for fixing their ID problem is the license is suspended/revoked.
They can get state ID; how would they get to the voter place anyhow - walk. How many people worry about being good with a revoked license - they continue and hope to not get caught..

If they have the ability to get to the voting places; they have the ability to get the ID and needed paperwork.

The liberals are still trying to make excuses for those that do not care.
Breaking the existing law is easy for most; why worry about one additional law that piggybacks off of additional laws.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Question begs; why can they not get the ID. the issue has been known for years. the liberals have founds excuses instead of finding ways to solve the problem on getting an ID.

Cry me a tear for the excuses on the youngsters; ignorance of the law is no excuse.
They know they have to update their DL when moving.
Nothing is stopping them for fixing their ID problem is the license is suspended/revoked.
They can get state ID; how would they get to the voter place anyhow - walk. How many people worry about being good with a revoked license - they continue and hope to not get caught..

If they have the ability to get to the voting places; they have the ability to get the ID and needed paperwork.

The liberals are still trying to make excuses for those that do not care.
Breaking the existing law is easy for most; why worry about one additional law that piggybacks off of additional laws.

Polling places are pretty numerous for an election, certainly far more so than DMV offices.

The rest of your response just rails against young people as lazy also known as Old Man mode #1.