In-thread ads block the whole page on mobile

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Even when I view the page as the desktop site, there's an ad that plays directly under the OP and the moment it loads, it covers the entire screen and didn't give an option to close it. I can scroll down below but it completely blocks out the first and sometimes the second post.

I know ad blockers are a thing but I don't believe in just painting over a problem simply because we have the spare paint available.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Then when your walls need painted, what do you do instead?

If the desktop is running windows, how about just a simple HOSTS file edit to include this line:

127.0.0.1 assets.purch.com

On the other hand, I couldn't even bear to surf the internet in recent years without an ad-blocker, just allow/don't use it on sites where you want them to have the ad revenue.

Reactions: Shmee

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Then when your walls need painted, what do you do instead?
The walls are broken and need repairs before they need new paint, otherwise you'll just have a busted wall that looks pretty for a little while.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Nonsense. Paint needs redone every once in a while.

Suit yourself if you want to make life hard, but I can't even imagine the horrible internet experience you must have if you don't block any ads.

Seems like you are your own worst enemy, even given a solution you want to be a mashochist. As long as it makes YOU happy...

Last edited:

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Nonsense. Paint needs redone every once in a while.

Suit yourself if you want to make life hard.
I'm not trying to make my life easier or harder. I'm bringing an issue to the attention of the people who can make changes. I don't care if they have ads on this website - I care that the ads are so intrusive they are blocking out some of the most important aspects of this entire website.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
You might as well be arguing with the wind. That's not how the internet works and especially not on this forum where the (new) owners don't seem to give a crap about quality control.

I do agree, that some things need fixed, but this is on a long, long list that the owners don't seem to care about, and it is far down the list of the problems IMO.

In other words, you are complaining in the wrong place. Take it up the food chain and good luck, I truly hope you have some, fixing the problems with this forum!!

In the meantime, either bury your head in the sand or get with the program which is that if you have a problem with particular ads, you block them.

How is this not even obvious? No victory on this forum would change ads across the entire internet so you have a false logic to begin with.

Last edited: