In retrospect...on that VP choice

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
Originally posted by: sportage
If the country needs a dog fight instead of unity, then the GOP is the way to go.
If people want to be ruled by a Rush Limbaugh mentality, then the GOP is the way to go.
And where will it get us in 4 more years? No where.

Republicans laughing at a woman laughing at a black mans devotion in helping
inner city poor kids.... well you make the call.
And they have the nerve to have the flag waving in the background...

The GOP asked for the "dog fight"? Obama's radical, hate filled bloggers and in the tank media attcked this woman and her children in the most vile ways. She was extremely tame compared to the way I would have reacted. Attacking children is no way to look for unity.

Before you say it, I don't want to hear that Obama has no control over what the bloggers and the media do. His campaign is in constant contact with these bloggers and he has said that he visits the KOS almost daily. Denying any knowledge only works so many times.

Noone was "laughing at a black mans devotion in helping inner city poor kids". They were laughing at the claim that it somehow makes him qualified to be President.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
Originally posted by: RY62
If the country needs a dog fight instead of unity, then the GOP is the way to go.
If people want to be ruled by a Rush Limbaugh mentality, then the GOP is the way to go.

The GOP asked for the "dog fight"? Obama's radical, hate filled bloggers and in the tank media attcked this woman and her children in the most vile ways. She was extremely tame compared to the way I would have reacted. Attacking children is no way to look for unity.

Before you say it, I don't want to hear that Obama has no control over what the bloggers and the media do. His campaign is in constant contact with these bloggers and he has said that he visits the KOS almost daily. Denying any knowledge only works so many times.

Noone was "laughing at a black mans devotion in helping inner city poor kids". They were laughing at the claim that it somehow makes him qualified to be President.

Poor comparison.

Compare the radical right wing bloggers who were all over the following stories:
"Is Obama a terrorist"
"His middle name is Hussein"
"He isn't eligible for office / he has faked birth documents / whatever"
"Michelle Obama isn't patriotic / MO hates white people"
"BO is a Muslim"
etc, etc

As much control as Obama exercises over the bloggers that spew Palin BS, I assume McCain has the same control over those who spew Obama BS.

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
Originally posted by: BeauJangles

Poor comparison.

Compare the radical right wing bloggers who were all over the following stories:
"Is Obama a terrorist"
"BO is a Muslim"
etc, etc

As much control as Obama exercises over the bloggers that spew Palin BS, I assume McCain has the same control over those who spew Obama BS.

There is no comparison between dumb ass attacks on the candidate and vicious attacks on innocent children.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001

Poor comparison.

"Is Obama a terrorist"
"BO is a Muslim"
etc, etc

There is no comparison between dumb ass attacks on the candidate and vicious attacks on innocent children.

Claiming that Obama has any control over what bloggers say is ridiculous. Does Obama also have control over all the people in this forum that post the 250,000 Palin threads we currently enjoy?

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003

Poor comparison.

"Is Obama a terrorist"
"BO is a Muslim"
etc, etc

LIke john mccain attacking chelsea? Keep on being hypocritical. Republicans simply have no consistency left. What it boils down to for them is, if there's an R next to a name, he's a saint, if it's a D, he's a demon.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Originally posted by: Stoneburner
LIke john mccain attacking chelsea?

How old is Chelsea again? Is she a child? Personally I think politicians are big boys and girls, they can handle it, but the children of any candidate are not fair game. I don't support Obama, but I would be very much against any news organization that goes after one of his children. The kids of these public figures didn't make the choice to all of a sudden get placed in the limelight, and they should be off-limits, no exceptions.

winnar111

Banned
Mar 10, 2008
Originally posted by: Stoneburner

LIke john mccain attacking chelsea? Keep on being hypocritical. Republicans simply have no consistency left. What it boils down to for them is, if there's an R next to a name, he's a saint, if it's a D, he's a demon.

Straight talk express: She was pretty fkn ugly as a kid. :laugh:

I have no idea where the Hillary campaign got the idea that they could pimp her out to the sub 30 male crowd.