In response to the Civil War Thread: Would it be so bad if the US was split in 2?

Pennstate

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
Just think about it. Lets divide the US into North and South and still considered under 1 federation. Liberals move up North, the conservatives move to the South. Have a open immigration policy (anyone over 16 can choose which part he/she/it wants to live), free trades, etc. The south can have a Christian government if they choose to. The north can write a constitution stating the government entity shall appear atheist.

What's so bad about that? I wouldn't mind that arrangement.

PainTrain

Jun 22, 2003
As much as I would love it if all the half-witted intolerants of our nation were corraled in one great big retard ranch, America is America and no one, especially not it's own people, is going to break it in two.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: PainTrain
As much as I would love it if all the half-witted intolerants of our nation were corraled in one great big retard ranch, America is America and no one, especially not it's own people, is going to break it in two.

:D

308nato

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
Once the deal was done, the South would then violently savage the unarmed and defenseless North and throw all your asses out altogether. Then we could all go back home. Sounds good to me.

Pennstate

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
oh come on 308nato. What the north may lack in "per capita sidearms" can be made up for in more advance heavy artilery ;)

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
PainTrain, I thought it was very genteel that you didn't say which half would be the retard ranch. Of course, each of us knows which half would be the retard ranch.:)

"As much as I would love it if all the half-witted intolerants of our nation were corraled in one great big retard ranch."

Pennstate

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
I mean take a look at the US and UK. We split from them. It didn't turn out too badly.

Shad0hawK

Banned
May 26, 2003
Originally posted by: Pennstate
oh come on 308nato. What the north may lack in "per capita sidearms" can be made up for in more advance heavy artilery ;)
get a map and see where most of the "heavey artillery" is actually at, *hint* it aint the north...

PainTrain

Jun 22, 2003
Is it too much to ask for a confederate battle flag as an author icon? The south lives! Right ShadowTraitor?

Shad0hawK

Banned
May 26, 2003
Is it too much to ask for a confederate battle flag as an author icon? The south lives! Right ShadowTraitor?

ROFL! actually the division would not be so much north-south, but the south and midwest vs the northeast and Kalifornia(after they get rid of Ahhnold for the crime of being reasonable, and daring disagree with federalist policy of religious extermination)

maybe you guys can save alot of time and take the stalinist pragmatic approach...the easiest way to get rid of religion is to get rid of the religious!

you could also and make federal standards on what religion can and cannot do or say and outlaw religions that go against state standards, you betrayers of what this country was founded on ignore the constitution and rule through judical appointment anyway, so that is no worry. the law is what judges decree now, not what the constitution actually SAYS.

welcome the the new amerika, the land of the not-so-free and home of the oligarchy...until it gets taken back by true armeicans who still have the spirit of their forefathers.

PainTrain

Jun 22, 2003
OK smart guy, I'm going to do you a favor. Take a look at the board here in a couple minutes and tell me what you think.

amok

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Why do we liberals have to live up north? It gets cold there ffs. We should do an east/west split instead. That way those of us who can't stand cold weather all the time can still go to warmer climates for parts of the winters without having to step foot into conservative country ;).

Shad0hawK

Banned
May 26, 2003
Originally posted by: amok
Why do we liberals have to live up north? It gets cold there ffs. We should do an east/west split instead. That way those of us who can't stand cold weather all the time can still go to warmer climates for parts of the winters without having to step foot into conservative country ;).

LOL you guys will have Kalifornia

;)

PainTrain

Jun 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Shad0hawK

;)
lol, don't even start about the cold; the highs where I am get to a balmy -13* I'm forced to where a coat with white fluff around the hood, it's quite effeminate. Maybe that's where I developed my tolerant views on gay marriage :D

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
why should we be forced to tolerate immorality? or why should we be forced to tolerate things against the natural order of things? i see youve been indoctrinated instead of thinking for yourself.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Genesys
why should we be forced to tolerate immorality? or why should we be forced to tolerate things against the natural order of things? i see youve been indoctrinated instead of thinking for yourself.
Why should we tolerate your Coulter-inspired jibber jabber?

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Why should we tolerate your Coulter-inspired jibber jabber?
im sorry, i honestly know very little of Ann Coulter or what she does and therefore my thinking isnt inspired by her.
and if you want to live in a tolerant society, move to canada or some european country.

RandomCoil

Feb 22, 2000

im sorry, i honestly know very little of Ann Coulter or what she does and therefore my thinking isnt inspired by her.
and if you want to live in a tolerant society, move to canada or some european country.
Oh that's just dandy.... if only the US could be one of thosel intolerant countries like, oh, China, Taliban-controlled Afghanistan, Iran, North Korea, Germany ca. 1939...

How about this for an idea: you take your intolerance, wedge it down into a small part in the back of you head (should be room there) and try to remember that your petty annoyances with your fellow citizens don't supersede their right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

;)
There are way too many Patriots in California who would not go along with a Split. On top of that I am willing to bet that in Numbers there are more conservatives than in almost any other state. Keep on mind the Reagan was from California and that 3 of the last 4 Governors of California have been Republican.

If the North and the South were to split the South would crumble economically

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Nice Rhetoric
Why should people be forced to adhere to your religious dogma and rules?

308nato

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
Originally posted by: Pennstate
Ahhh. developing that new tofu bomb are we ? ;)

Shad0hawK

Banned
May 26, 2003
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
There are way too many Patriots in California who would not go along with a Split. On top of that I am willing to bet that in Numbers there are more conservatives than in almost any other state. Keep on mind the Reagan was from California and that 3 of the last 4 Governors of California have been Republican.

good point, maybe we should keep the entire country and for the libs into canada, they would be welcomed plus the gene pool would finally deepen a bit. ;)

i do not think the south would crumble economically, it is much more industrialized, including all the tech companies in austin. plus by holding new orleans, they would control the second largest port. combine that with conservitive control of the midwest and they would have the vast majority of agriculture plus a major port and river system that covers almost the middle third of the area that was once the US.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

good point, maybe we should keep the entire country and for the libs into canada, they would be welcomed plus the gene pool would finally deepen a bit. ;)

Well fortunately the Majority of Americans fall right in the Middle and not into the extremists camps that now are in control of both Parties.

dpm

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2002
Originally posted by: PainTrain As much as I would love it if all the half-witted intolerants of our nation were corraled in one great big retard ranch, America is America and no one, especially not it's own people, is going to break it in two.
Damn straight Genesys - so get your clothes off, get outside and start living off the raw food you catch with your bare hands. Tools are against the natural order of things!

And frankly, I think this new-fangled bipedalism is ungodly and unnatural too! Lets all crawl back into the sea, where we belong! ;)

ASK THE COMMUNITY