In need of help from all people who are good with circuits...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mchammer187

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2000
Do you have a multimeter it would be easiest to probe various points and you should be able to tell that way.

TridenT

Lifer
Sep 4, 2006
Originally posted by: mchammer187
Do you have a multimeter it would be easiest to probe various points and you should be able to tell that way.

I do not think I have one. :(

Argh... I shall go hunting in the garage to see if I do... but I don't think I do...

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
Uh got a multimeter handy? See if there is voltage across the leads of the LED when you press a button. See if it's the same as the voltage on the right. Look around for cracks in solder. Are your batteries dead?

TridenT

Lifer
Sep 4, 2006
Originally posted by: PottedMeat
Uh got a multimeter handy? See if there is voltage across the leads of the LED when you press a button. See if it's the same as the voltage on the right. Look around for cracks in solder. Are your batteries dead?

Batteries work fine.

chorb

Golden Member
Oct 7, 2005
I'd first check the IC micro controller to make sure you're getting power to it. Check out link for the pin diagram. Measure VDD has some voltage.

then probe the LED for voltage while you operate the unit
(positive probe) -->|-- (negative probe)

if your multi meter has a diode function you can use that instead to check all the diodes on the board to make sure none are bad.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
Its pretty much impossible to tell by looking at it.

Use your multimeter to check for continuity where you know things should be connected. Check to make sure all of your solder joints are good.

Check signals that you know. Start from the battery and work your way through the circuit.

TridenT

Lifer
Sep 4, 2006
Originally posted by: RESmonkey
What those things, and how old are they? Did it used to work?

Remote controls for motorized blinds. We have three blinds and ugh... One of them was working perfectly then my mom fucked one up and now the one controller that worked doesn't work correctly at all because it has weird programming now.

Anyway... They used to work, yes.

TridenT

Lifer
Sep 4, 2006
Ass... Now the third blind in the setup doesn't work at all... (wtf did she do to fuck it up so bad, DAMN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.