In Louisana The Government Teaches Your Kid Religion

Page 44 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I am not in a position to believe random genetic copying mistakes and selection built our brains, 100% correct. Showing a gene duplication isn't going to convince me otherwise or telling fairy tales about eye evolution either.

So, what would? Do you believe ID is as well supported as Evolution?

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Yeah, so apparently linking peer reviewed research papers is giving you lying fluff. How incompetent of me.

You sure seem to be acting the same what as those you ignored.
Now you're lying again. That isn't what I called you incompetent about.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Now you're lying again. That isn't what I called you incompetent about.

No, you called me clueless, incompetent, and a liar. You implied I was not able to do simple calculations when I said I had to do a lab for school. You add those up, and you sure do seem angry toward me.

You seem to be going down a hill. Is everything okay?

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
No, you called me clueless, incompetent, and a liar. You implied I was not able to do simple calculations when I said I had to do a lab for school. You add those up, and you sure do seem angry toward me.

You seem to be going down a hill. Is everything okay?
Again you misrepresent things. I didn't say you couldn't do simple calculations, at all. I asked, admittedly sarcastically, if your lab required measurements. If you'd quit lying about what was said I wouldn't say you are lying. I'm sure you can do "simple calculations", not a doubt in my mind.

For scientific lab work, I maintain that you are clueless and incompetent. Nothing wrong with that. It looks to me as if you've never set foot in a lab. You're an econ major which explains a lot about you not having any experience.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Questions, about what you believe, bother you?
What I believe doesn't matter. There is supposed to be mountains of evidence for this theory. A theory where a microbe turns to people, blue whales, and pine trees via random genetic copying errors and selection. Yet, we get gene duplications, fairy tales about eyes, and cells sticking together in support of this preposterous idea. And I have faith?

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Again you misrepresent things. I didn't say you couldn't do simple calculations, at all. I asked, admittedly sarcastically, if your lab required measurements. If you'd quit lying about what was said I wouldn't say you are lying. I'm sure you can do "simple calculations", not a doubt in my mind.

For scientific lab work, I maintain that you are clueless and incompetent. Nothing wrong with that. It looks to me as if you've never set foot in a lab. You're an econ major which explains a lot about you not having any experience.

Econ\Finance.

Also, nothing wrong with clueless and incompetent eh.

If you ask sarcastically if my lab has measurements, then you are implying I cannot do them. If you want to dance around that its up to you, but you did imply with your question I could not.

Sliding further and further.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
What I believe doesn't matter. There is supposed to be mountains of evidence for this theory. A theory where a microbe turns to people, blue whales, and pine trees via random genetic copying errors and selection. Yet, we get gene duplications, fairy tales about eyes, and cells sticking together in support of this preposterous idea. And I have faith?

Boom! He just showed yall. Damn son, do you need some aloe for that sick burn?

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Econ\Finance.

Also, nothing wrong with clueless and incompetent eh.
Not at all, I'm incompetent at brain surgery. I'm incompetent at programming. Nothing wrong with being incompetent in things you've never done.
If you ask sarcastically if my lab has measurements, then you are implying I cannot do them.
Measurements aren't "simple calculations". You are wrong again.
If you want to dance around that its up to you, but you did imply with your question I could not.
If you think measuring things and understanding the limits of those measurements has anything to do with "simple calculations" this further proves you are incompetent.
Sliding further and further.
You seem to have a problem with the truth. You seem to be upset with me for not accepting your fairy tales.

BxgJ

Golden Member
Jul 27, 2015

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_support_for_evolution

So you are smarter than the vast majority of scientists of almost the last century? Or is it some vast conspiracy? Your attempt to discredit evolution, leaving ID as an alternative, without directly arguing for it, will convince almost no one.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Not at all, I'm incompetent at brain surgery. I'm incompetent at programming. Nothing wrong with being incompetent in things you've never done.
Measurements aren't "simple calculations". You are wrong again.
If you think measuring things and understanding the limits of those measurements has anything to do with "simple calculations" this further proves you are incompetent.
You seem to have a problem with the truth. You seem to be upset with me for not accepting your fairy tales.

It's interesting to see you progress through various stages of denial. You first tried to attack people for being insulting, but found someone who wouldn't insult you. You then tried to deny evolution by making endless and unrealistic demands, but then found someone willing to meet your demands. After that you shut down and started flinging insults.

You're behaving like a child. I don't mean this as an insult, this is an accurate description of your behavior. You mentioned having children of your own, which is a scary thought to me considering how you react to adversity here.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_support_for_evolution

So you are smarter than the vast majority of scientists of almost the last century? Or is it some vast conspiracy? Your attempt to discredit evolution, leaving ID as an alternative, without directly arguing for it, will convince almost no one.

The guy who is calling other people incompetent for their lack of lab experience clearly considers himself to have superior knowledge to people with lab experience that dwarfs his by several orders of magnitude.

It's not his fault he's incompetent, but it is his fault that he continues to double down on it even when educated about the issue.

Cerpin Taxt

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Which part is the fairy tale?

That biological organisms are imperfect replicators?

That evolution is what happens to imperfect replicators?

That the imperfections in the replications of biological organisms are genetic mutations?

That biological organisms are related through common anscestry?

If all of those above are true, then it must be genetic mutation that accounts for biological diversity. If you do not believe that genetic mutation accounts for biological diversity, then you must believe one of the above facts to be false.

Pick one, and I will use it to show you what an idiot you are. I won't be holding my breath.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
How do you explain the widespread acceptance of evolution among peoples of widely differing cultural and religious upbringing?

This guy has been winning.

latest

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
How do you explain the widespread acceptance of evolution among peoples of widely differing cultural and religious upbringing?
Who knows, but that doesn't make mutation and selection any more able to produce the results you think it can achieve.

Cerpin Taxt

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Who knows
Bullshit non-answer. The widespread acceptance of evolution is a phenomenon that demands explanation -- particularly if you are to suggest that it is a "fairy tale."

So, how can it be?

...but that doesn't make mutation and selection any more able to produce the results you think it can achieve.

Did I suggest any such causal link, you piece of shit? Or were you just looking for another launching pad to once again announce your dishonest and willful ignorance to the audience?