In ear earphone w/ mic for pc gaming?

Kledgie

Jun 21, 2016
Hey folks!

Every time I put on those bulky gaming headsets, my head heats up like a comet and feels like it'll explode at any second and I'll eat death.

I'm looking for in-ear earphones, something like this:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod..._ear_pc_gaming_mic-_-0TH-00TR-00063-_-Product

I've bought something like this before but the mic didn't work in Vent/TS. Can anyone recommend something like this that has a trusty microphone?

Much obliged.

Last edited:

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
i also suffer from ear cooking. which in audio is a major problem.

couple things ... earbuds will never have the same level of quality, both in build (most important: length) and in sound reproduction. there are alternatives to "closed cup" headphones, which are sometimes referred to as "on the ear", "open" or "over the ear". The cup itself is ventilated and both air and sound escapes, yet the sound quality can be as high as your money allows. Sennheiser specifically makes many reasonably priced, good quality headphones.

Generally speaking, if you buy a "gaming" headset, you will pay more for less quality, but they do come with their own microphone. Otherwise, the best solution (which can last you a lifetime) is to buy some studio-quality open earphones, and then attach a AntLion Mod Mic: https://antlionaudio.com/collections/modmic

modmic 4 no mute (you are gonna use push-to-talk anyway), and if you get a choice, don't go for the omnidirectional.

this mic is AMAZING, nothing on the market can even try to compete.

As for the headphones, it depends on your budget.

I suggest you do not invest on earbuds, because they tire the eardrum more, they will fall out midgame, the sound quality is meh (they depend on being firmly stuck in your ear cavity as that's what makes the fullness of sound), they can be too short to use practically, and will most likely break sooner.

I do not know in specific the ones you posted, but do not be alarmed by "razer build quality", that's just an internet lie arising from misinformation.

Reactions: Kledgie

Kledgie

Jun 21, 2016
i also suffer from ear cooking. which in audio is a major problem.

couple things ... earbuds will never have the same level of quality, both in build (most important: length) and in sound reproduction. there are alternatives to "closed cup" headphones, which are sometimes referred to as "on the ear", "open" or "over the ear". The cup itself is ventilated and both air and sound escapes, yet the sound quality can be as high as your money allows. Sennheiser specifically makes many reasonably priced, good quality headphones.

Generally speaking, if you buy a "gaming" headset, you will pay more for less quality, but they do come with their own microphone. Otherwise, the best solution (which can last you a lifetime) is to buy some studio-quality open earphones, and then attach a AntLion Mod Mic: https://antlionaudio.com/collections/modmic

modmic 4 no mute (you are gonna use push-to-talk anyway), and if you get a choice, don't go for the omnidirectional.

this mic is AMAZING, nothing on the market can even try to compete.

As for the headphones, it depends on your budget.

I suggest you do not invest on earbuds, because they tire the eardrum more, they will fall out midgame, the sound quality is meh (they depend on being firmly stuck in your ear cavity as that's what makes the fullness of sound), they can be too short to use practically, and will most likely break sooner.

I do not know in specific the ones you posted, but do not be alarmed by "razer build quality", that's just an internet lie arising from misinformation.

Thanks for the info, mon!