In Counterattack, Cheney Takes on Iraq Critics

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Ahhh yes...mention 9/11 as a reason for attacking Iraq even though the two have nothing to do with each other..

rolleye.gif

RDWYTruckDriver

Jul 16, 2003
Ya, I guess why even mention 9/11 for you people that have just put in the past as somthing the evil Americans deserved
rolleye.gif

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: RDWYTruckDriver
Ya, I guess why even mention 9/11 for you people that have just put in the past as somthing the evil Americans deserved
rolleye.gif

Nice attempt at trying to put words in our mouth. I don't recall anyone saying that we deserved 9/11. As far as putting it in the past...why not...or are we supposed to live in fear? WTH is the point of that?

The fact is that 9/11 and Iraq are mutually exclusive...

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Not trying to get flamed, asking for whatever is closest to the truth, but was the US warned of the Sept. 11th attackes before they happened?

"This warning could hardly be more blunt or disturbing. To shrug off such a warning would have been irresponsible in the extreme, and so President Bush faced that information and acted to remove the danger," Cheney said.

Thus this comment would be silly as the ignored warnings before.

I don't know if they did have warning, but I thought there was something about it at one stage or another, true or not.

RDWYTruckDriver

Jul 16, 2003
The fact is that 9/11 and Iraq are mutually exclusive
= Wrong again !

Nice attempt at trying to put words in our mouth

if you say it don't be a leftist wimpy don't stand behind what you say and imply !

As far as putting it in the past...why not...or are we supposed to live in fear?

Liberals like you don't like to be fearful of what can and might be. So you turn it around in your weak minds and point the finger at the good guy because you know he wont slit your throat. Go ahead weak American, our strong and mighty are at the front doing what is necessary to rid this world of evil.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Lonyo
Not trying to get flamed, asking for whatever is closest to the truth, but was the US warned of the Sept. 11th attackes before they happened?

"This warning could hardly be more blunt or disturbing. To shrug off such a warning would have been irresponsible in the extreme, and so President Bush faced that information and acted to remove the danger," Cheney said.

Thus this comment would be silly as the ignored warnings before.

I don't know if they did have warning, but I thought there was something about it at one stage or another, true or not.
Israel, Germany and a few other countries warned the US, dont know in what detail the warnings were but they were there

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
= Wrong again !

if you say it don't be a leftist wimpy don't stand behind what you say and imply !

As far as putting it in the past...why not...or are we supposed to live in fear?

Liberals like you don't like to be fearful of what can and might be. So you turn it around in your weak minds and point the finger at the good guy because you know he wont slit your throat. Go ahead weak American, our strong and mighty are at the front doing what is necessary to rid this world of evil.

I'll say it. Prove a direct connection between Iraq and 9/11 or drop it.There are enough paranoid trigger happy people in this world. I challenge you right here. The obligation is for those who want to war to prove their case, not for those who oppose it. If you want to deal out death, you prove to us, not with rhetoric, but with specific facts about specific threats which are imminent and direct and credible. Cowards shoot at shadows.

RDWYTruckDriver

Jul 16, 2003
Hindsight " is " always 20/20 as they say. Monday night quarterbacking ect. Again, pointing the finger at the innocent and not the true guilty. Just like in the world today punish the victim and reward the guilty.

RDWYTruckDriver

Jul 16, 2003
I've provided links. You chose not to read. Nothing for the just to prove here . We know the truth and are ready to deal harshly with it. You just can't deal with it.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: WinstonSmith
= Wrong again !

I'll say it. Prove a direct connection between Iraq and 9/11 or drop it.There are enough paranoid trigger happy people in this world. I challenge you right here. The obligation is for those who want to war to prove their case, not for those who oppose it. If you want to deal out death, you prove to us, not with rhetoric, but with specific facts about specific threats which are imminent and direct and credible. Cowards shoot at shadows.

He can't. I haven't seen anyone ever try to make a correlation between Iraq and 9-11 until now. There is no credible information to suggest it, and even Bush's administration hasn't even suggested it. I don't know what you are smoking RDWYTruckDriver.

RDWYTruckDriver

Jul 16, 2003
A quick quote from a previous posted link had you read it: Reguarding first WTC attack.

Six Palestinian and Egyptian conspirators responsible for the attack were tried in civil courts and got life sentences like common criminals, but its mastermind escaped. He was identified as Ramzi Ahmed Yousef, an Iraqi Intelligence agent. This was a clear indication to authorities that the atrocity was no mere criminal event, and that it involved more than individual terrorists; it involved hostile terrorist states.

Of coarse you wont belive this statement. Your minds are already made up.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
RDWYTruckDriver

If you want retribution for 9/11, invade Saudi Arabia.

I am tired of hearing "if left unchecked ......". It seems to me that the imbargo and inspections had pretty well "checked" Sadaam for 12 years and there is no reason to suspect that it would not have continued that way without a pre-emptive war leading to the death of thousands, strained relations with allies, huge economic costs, and new enemies. Cheney even admits that this didn't deter the terrorists. And since Iraq was not a credible threat to us anyway, what security have we gained?

RDWYTruckDriver

Jul 16, 2003
It's like the death penalty, the death penalty is " not " a deterant ! It's punishment ! The USA has far to long played " PC " with these terrorist states and after 9/11 they are all in our sights ! Including Saudi Arabia as you and other bashers of America will see.

DaiShan

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Insane3D
Ahhh yes...mention 9/11 as a reason for attacking Iraq even though the two have nothing to do with each other..

rolleye.gif

What does that matter? We need an emotional issue to throw people back on the bandwagon!
rolleye.gif

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
A quick quote from a previous posted link had you read it: Reguarding first WTC attack.

Six Palestinian and Egyptian conspirators responsible for the attack were tried in civil courts and got life sentences like common criminals, but its mastermind escaped. He was identified as Ramzi Ahmed Yousef, an Iraqi Intelligence agent. This was a clear indication to authorities that the atrocity was no mere criminal event, and that it involved more than individual terrorists; it involved hostile terrorist states.

Of coarse you wont belive this statement. Your minds are already made up.

Wow! If this were true, don't you think Bush would be repeating it daily? Hell, if the British had info which stated something like this Bush would have read it in the SOTU with a smirk on his face.

RDWYTruckDriver

Jul 16, 2003
Why would you repeat it daily. It's like here in this topic of the forums, people will post something ( linked or not ) and yet some will concur as other will deny. You not going to prove anything to people that have already made up their minds. Just because he dosn't " repeat it daily " doesn't mean it's not true.

RDWYTruckDriver

Jul 16, 2003
Even since President Carter on up, each administration has endured daily info from thousands of possibly " threats ". It's just the way you want to look and the information you choose to read. Right or wrong people will believe what they want.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Why would you repeat it daily. It's like here in this topic of the forums, people will post something ( linked or not ) and yet some will concur as other will deny. You not going to prove anything to people that have already made up their minds. Just because he dosn't " repeat it daily " doesn't mean it's not true.

Has he ever stated it? Besides, when has the "Truth" been important to Bush on the issue of Iraq?

RDWYTruckDriver

Jul 16, 2003
Since day one in office. Is Bush perfect ? No. Was previous Presidents of the USA perfect ? No. Is he the right man for the job today in what we Americans are facing ? Hell yes ! But you and other American and Bush haters / bashers see only what you want. I'm very proud of my country in these times and what we are and are having to do.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Even since President Carter on up, each administration has endured daily info from thousands of possibly " threats ". It's just the way you want to look and the information you choose to read. Right or wrong people will believe what they want.

Yes but they're not supposed to place higher priority over foreign intelligence then our own CIA