In case you weren't sure what a Muslim foot washing sink looks like...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 1999
This is not one:
bilde

http://www.tennessean.com/viewart/2...ers-confuse-mop-sink-Muslim-foot-washing-sink
NASHVILLE — Sometimes a mop sink is just a mop sink.

Building managers and legislative staffers have sought to reassure some concerned Tennessee lawmakers that recent renovations at the state Capitol did not install special facilities for Muslims to wash their feet before praying.

“I confirmed with the facility administrator for the State Capitol Complex that the floor-level sink installed in the men’s restroom outside the House Chamber is for housekeeping use,” Legislative Administration Director Connie Ridley wrote in an email. “It is, in layman’s terms, a mop sink.”

The nearly $16 million renovation completed in December focused on upgrading electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems in the more than 150-year-old Capitol. Parts of the building also got new carpets, paint and security upgrades.

Senate Clerk Russell Humphrey said he had been approached by a House and Senate member to inquire about the sink, which replaced a utility sink that had been mounted higher on the wall and was used for filling and emptying buckets.

“There was concern about why it had been modified,” said Humphrey, who declined to identify the lawmakers or elaborate on their concerns.

“I certainly wouldn’t want to quote a member inaccurately about what they may or may not have said,” he said.

Republican Sen. Bill Ketron, R-Murfreesboro, confirmed that he had spoken to Humphrey about whether there were religious reasons for the new sink after the issue was raised by Rep. Judd Matheny, R-Tullahoma.

Totally understandable. I know my first thought at the sight of unusual plumbing is often "OMG Muslims."

sourn

Dec 26, 2012
LOL everybody who thought this was a Muslim foot washing center.. Well guess the best way to put it is they're a special kind of stupid.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
I would be more concerned if it is mistaken for something else.:biggrin:

mopsnk1.gif

mopsnk2.gif

http://www.baddesigns.com/mopsnk.html
This picture is from a restaurant in Santa Barbara. There is no urinal in the men's restroom. The fixture in the corner affords a certain activity. To try to discourage this activity someone taped a small sign to the wall above the fixture. The sign says "This is a mop sink." Design suggestion

The mop sink looks enough like a urinal to use it as one. When simple things have signs, especially homemade signs, it is usually a signal that they aren't well-designed
I wouldn't be sticking my feet in there anytime soon.:awe:

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
“There was concern about why it had been modified,” said Humphrey, who declined to identify the lawmakers or elaborate on their concerns.

oh come on don't be a pussy :twisted:

Apr 27, 2012
Agree with the OP. BUT knowing the idiots and pc types in our government I wouldn't be surprised if they would pander that way though

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
I don't care what religion you are, only homeless people are going to wash their feet in a public restroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.