In case you let your guard down, we're under a new TERROR ALERT people!

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Kicking the fear-level up a notch the government is issuing new alerts about possible plots to hijack airlines this summer... It's time to rally around the president people ;)

CNN.com - Officials: Suicide airliner hijackings possible

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The Department of Homeland Security is warning that Islamic extremists might be plotting suicide airliner hijackings to be carried out before the end of the summer, with possible targets including sites in Britain, Italy, Australia or the eastern United States.

"As of mid-June, Islamic extremists may have been planning suicide hijackings to be executed by the end of Summer 2003," according to the document obtained Tuesday by CNN.

"The plan may involve the use of five-man teams, each of which would attempt to seize control of a commercial aircraft either shortly after takeoff or shortly before landing at a chosen airport."

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Dasm - I was at the hardware store too, should have picked up some more duct tape. :p

The "terror alert" is a joke. It means little to people.

CkG

PS - it has nothing to do with Bush, but nice try DM.:)

Ylen13

Banned
Sep 18, 2001
i have started ignoring the terror alert since about a month ago. unless we go to terror alert red i will not pay attention or change anytyhing about my daily routine

Dudd

Platinum Member
Aug 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Ylen13
i have started ignoring the terror alert since about a month ago. unless we go to terror alert red i will not pay attention or change anytyhing about my daily routine

Even then, I won't care. What could I do, cower in a corner? Somehow, I doubt either upstate NY or Indiana will be prime targets.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
The one-page warning, sent to U.S. airlines and others Saturday, contains words of warning and skepticism, saying some of the intelligence the government has received raises "questions about the viability of the plot."

Homeland Security sources said the credibility of the information is still being evaluated. One government official termed it "dubious."

rolleye.gif

"Terrorist actions may include, but are not limited to, suicide operations, hijackings, bombings, or kidnappings," the caution said, adding, "These may also involve commercial aircraft."

Also watch for attacks utilizing jet propelled pigs or cows, as well as attacks utilizing attack bunnies. :Q:Q:p

:D

DanJ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Keeping the monkey's down and in fear, one terror alert at a time. Wonder if these will start increasing come election time..

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Radio Bush - WMD on your Dial.
All Terror all the Time - and the hits just keep right on coming !
And heres the latest tune from Wolfie and the Doomsayers - Time to Bomb Saddam !

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
Typical clueless American

CNN: The terror alert has been raised.
Typical American: Go get them Bush. Go to Iraq and get them before they hijack our planes and use WMD. Saddam is a bad guy, he's going to hurt us if we don't stop him.

I'm ashamed to be an American with all these ridiculous fear mongering 911 panic speeches.

Brie

May 27, 2003
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Dasm - I was at the hardware store too, should have picked up some more duct tape. :p

The "terror alert" is a joke. It means little to people.

CkG

PS - it has nothing to do with Bush, but nice try DM.:)

This is all about Bush. The warning has "see i warned ya" and "I take no responsibility" all over it. (Not that he will do this! but he can) It could be much more effective than it already is but the government doesnt care enough to do this.

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
Terror Alert!!! You know what to do guys. Keep a look out for all Arab or Muslim looking people, round 'em up, and if they give you any lip you can beat them with a sack of Sweet Valencia oranges. It won't leave a bruise and will let them know whose boss.

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003
Originally posted by: DanJ
Keeping the monkey's down and in fear, one terror alert at a time. Wonder if these will start increasing come election time..
My terror alert level will be as high as Bush is in the polls. He has done more to terrorize this country than Osama and Saddam.