In all seriousness, if the NRA collapses whos gonna protect the 2nd Amendment?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
ACLU?

The handful of sane gun owners left in America?

A new group we havent heard from yet?

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
these people...

thequint%2F2018-03%2Fd54d854e-93df-4b59-a496-b636434f3251%2F59745ecf-6803-4fd9-b363-cd5182960faf.jpg

Reactions: Younigue

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
If the NRA folds (and that's a big "if," since it may have been exaggerating its state for the court), I could see at least a few outcomes.

First: a similar group pops up, probably bankrolled by fresh investments from the gun industry and right-wing backers hoping to use gun rights to keep Republicans loyal. It could reignite the NRA's base, but it'd also face the same limitations: many companies wouldn't want to touch it with a ten-foot pole.

If not that, then it'd be down to the ACLU. Which would drive conservatives nuts, because the ACLU may defend the 2A on a core level, it's not the absolutist "any gun I want should be legal" kind of defense the NRA's hardcore members prefer.

The least likely: a new group arrives that casts off at least some of the corruption and fanaticism of the NRA in order to find financial acceptance. I'm really not expecting this one, because it'd neither keep the zealots nor get a mainstream audience.

As a side note: isn't it funny to think that at least some of the NRA's current predicament was sparked by teens? Gives you hope that the country's current nightmare isn't going to last long.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
If the NRA folds (and that's a big "if," since it may have been exaggerating its state for the court), I could see at least a few outcomes.

First: a similar group pops up, probably bankrolled by fresh investments from the gun industry and right-wing backers hoping to use gun rights to keep Republicans loyal. It could reignite the NRA's base, but it'd also face the same limitations: many companies wouldn't want to touch it with a ten-foot pole.

If not that, then it'd be down to the ACLU. Which would drive conservatives nuts, because the ACLU may defend the 2A on a core level, it's not the absolutist "any gun I want should be legal" kind of defense the NRA's hardcore members prefer.

The least likely: a new group arrives that casts off at least some of the corruption and fanaticism of the NRA in order to find financial acceptance. I'm really not expecting this one, because it'd neither keep the zealots nor get a mainstream audience.

As a side note: isn't it funny to think that at least some of the NRA's current predicament was sparked by teens? Gives you hope that the country's current nightmare isn't going to last long.

ACLU on guns-

https://www.aclu.org/blog/mobilization/aclus-position-gun-control

Def not the "you have the right to the firepower of a modern infantryman or any kind of damned fool gun you want" POV.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
It's going to be protected by the free states which rely on it for arming their well regulated militias to the extent necessary for their security.

Reactions: NTMBK and ivwshane

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
You'll be cutting in on Ollie North's action.
That's ok, plenty for everyone. I might even dig my rifles out of the closet and dust them off. It's been at least twenty years since they've been fired, might need some oil.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
That's ok, plenty for everyone. I might even dig my rifles out of the closet and dust them off. It's been at least twenty years since they've been fired, might need some oil.

I always tried to take care of mine long after I quit using them. I always admired & wanted to preserve the craftsmanship of quality old school blued steel firearms.

jameny5

Aug 7, 2018
Sane gun owners? Last count - over 310 million guns in Killmerica! One for every man, woman and child. Anglo saxons invented the gun. So where are you going to go? Are you going to steal someone else's country and set up shop there? Do tell us.

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Other real Gun clubs you can join.

Redneck Revolt and John Brown Gun Club
Pink Pistols
National African American Gun Association
Liberal Gun Club
Huey P. Newton Gun Club
Black Guns Matter