Important Cooking Question - GirlFriday and I wanna know..

unxpurg8d

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2000

Okay, here it is: GirlFriday very kindly passed on to me her very favorite recipe that she makes for her family only on very special occasions, and I had a question about one of the ingredients. She says I'm wrong, but I'm almost SURE I'm not, so we thought we'd let you people tell us....

Didn't the letters in Campbell's Alphabet Soup used to be MUCH smaller??????? Those darn things are like an inch high now!!!

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
Oh you are evil! And do you know the work that goes into making that stuff? I have to open the can, and then heat it up? Thats why I only make it for Christmas and New Years, the rest of the year its bread and water. :p

Frenchie

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 22, 1999
Although I havent eaten them lately, I do remember then being on the small side the last time I did have them years ago.

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
Hey, I will have you know that Betty Crocker is a close personal friend of mine, she asks for my advice all the time on cooking. And Martha Stewart and I are pretty buddy buddy too, you should see what I can do with a pile of papers and a table. It's truly a work of art. ;)

unxpurg8d

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2000
lol GF, see? You COULDA just told me the answer rather than make me think I got the can for the sight-impaired by mistake...meanie. Okay, okay, I admit it, GirlFriday is an excellent cook...one or two accidental cases of botulism shouldn't be held against a girl, should they???? ;) The sad thing is that my kids thought Campbell was their last name until they started school....sigh.

Just kidding, of course. GF is the Happy Homemaker. Or something with alliteration and H's ...hmmm.

lol if I keep it up I really AM gonna have to go back to bed and hide! All in good fun, honest.

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
They used to be small in my cans but then again I was poor so we couldn't afford anything else.

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Campbell's French Canadian Pea Soup, Chicken Noodle Soup and Cream Of Celery (dip thin slices of fried bologna in the latter). YUM!!!

Lipton's Chicken Noodle Soup is also good.

No Soup For You (The Soup Nazi) (not a song AFAIK)

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
Okay, okay, I admit it, GirlFriday is an excellent cook...one or two accidental cases of botulism shouldn't be held against a girl, should they????

Ok, how was I supposed to know that leaving a can of food out for three weeks open was bad? They really need to put warning labels on those cans. :Q ;)

You COULDA just told me the answer rather than make me think I got the can for the sight-impaired by mistake...meanie.

If you did not tell me you would do something evil if I said no, then I might have given you the answer that you wanted. But you had to lead me astray, you astray leading wench you! :D