IMO By the time Fermi 480 is available to masses there will be ATI 5990 card.

tweakboy

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2010
www.hammiestudios.com
This is just my opinion.

I think nVidia dropped the ball pretty good.

By the time Fermi 480 is available. Dont think that will be any time in march or April, due to limited production. By the time all this happen ATI AMD will introduce their newer 5970 or 5990 board potentially. :)

ScavengerLX

Dec 12, 2009
I agree. I think that ATI will have a refresh ready around the same time that the Fermi cards are out.

OVerLoRDI

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
and I think Fermi will make my computer levitate. Which would you have, a levitating computer or more fps?

Seriously though, there is enough out of no where guessing for Fermi related things already. Unless you have some sources to backup your claim, don't make a new thread claiming things about future video cards.

tvdang7

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2005
does ati ever leak any information on refreshes? or do they just drop randomly. like the 3xxx series and the 4890. they just kinda appeared.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
I'm not sure this qualifies as an opinion either.

This is speculation or a guess. Can you really have an opinion as to what actions will occur in future? I can say, "In my opinion, the OP is not an opinion" But how is it for me to say, "in my opinion, ScavengerLX will eat raisin bran crunch for breakfast."

blanketyblank

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2007
If by 5970 you mean custom built 2 GB boards from Asus or MSI that take 2 x 8 pins then I think they are already out though in short supply. Considering a stock 5970 is already faster then any numbers we've seen though, what's your point?

cbn

Lifer
Mar 27, 2009
Last generation we saw almost a 20% increase for maximum overclocks.

The same increase would put RV890 at 1200+ Mhz for maximum overclocked core speed.

TJCS

Nov 3, 2009
When Ati 5990 comes out Nvidia will release 390 GTX to surprise the public with a moon walk release.

Dec 30, 2004
I think 5990 would require 32/28nm to handle heat.
5890, now you're talking.
Or, the 5890 could possibly be the original, larger, 5870.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
and I think Fermi will make my computer levitate. Which would you have, a levitating computer or more fps?

Seriously though, there is enough out of no where guessing for Fermi related things already. Unless you have some sources to backup your claim, don't make a new thread claiming things about future video cards.

Oooh, levitation...no...more fps, dammit I can't decide. Besides, levitating computers sounds like more of an Apple thing. The iLev. Cool looking but useless. Follows you round the house.

In my opinion... another entry for the charge-sheet against nvidia is that by taking so long to bring out the next generation of cards they are causing this forum to run out of things to talk about and consequently leading to a stream of threads that don't amount to anything more than 'I'm bored, will something interesting gpu-related please happen so we have something new to have unnecessarily bad-tempered arguments about?'

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Oooh, levitation...no...more fps, dammit I can't decide. Besides, levitating computers sounds like more of an Apple thing. The iLev. Cool looking but useless. Follows you round the house.

In my opinion... another entry for the charge-sheet against nvidia is that by taking so long to bring out the next generation of cards they are causing this forum to run out of things to talk about and consequently leading to a stream of threads that don't amount to anything more than 'I'm bored, will something interesting gpu-related please happen so we have something new to have unnecessarily bad-tempered arguments about?'

LMFAO utterly brilliant mate! :D

shaynoa

Feb 14, 2010
the only thing that would surprise about nvidia would be if someone was awake over there, hello hello anybody there

shaynoa

Feb 14, 2010
let me make it simple to understand ,ill break it down for them
B E N C H M A R K S P L E A S E