Immigration to Canada

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Firebot

Golden Member
Jul 10, 2005
Originally posted by: K1052
Canada, we will happily trade you all the moronic/emo college kids we can round up in exchange for your skilled workers. :D

Don't worry, they aren't getting in :D.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Pretend you are Mexican and come to Windsor claiming refugee status.

Food and housing free of charge until your refugee status hearing is heard, which could take years! Enjoy! :)

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Originally posted by: CorCentral
Originally posted by: electronicmaji
So I'm a college student and I want to move to Canada. America sucks. I don't have any trust of our health system or economy or our culture. Frankly Canada rocks. All people from Canada are pretty cool.

How can I immigrate to Canada?

:music:Canada Oh Canada!......... We love you more than Mexico's Empanada's!:music:
BYE! Won't miss you. You'll be back if you have a Serious health problem....... Unless you want to stand in line while you die!

Yeah, people in the U.S. don't die from health problems ... everyone here can afford top notch care and no one gets exempted by pre-existing conditions... Additionally, paying 10s of thousands for minor surgery is cake in the U.S.!

Tobolo

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Originally posted by: RichardE
Originally posted by: ZeroIQ
This thread is going places.

Give us an updated on how great their health care system is as soon as you need to use it.

I understand your living up to your scree name, really I emphasize with that, but Canada is not a third world country.

What he is referring to is the universal health care system. My cousin is mentally handicapped because of the HC system. Her mom went to an appointment for a ultrasound and they saw that the umbellical (sp) cord was wrapped around her neck. They took her for a c-section and she had to wait 36 hours before she could have it. My cousin lost most of the oxygen to her brain for a extended period. If she had been in America then should would be fine right now :-(

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Originally posted by: CPA
At least the OP is doing what many of the liberal PNer's keep insinuating. He has more balls than they do. Oh, and, bye, I won't miss you.

Where did he say he was "liberal"? You are guessing it because of one stance-healthcare? No conservatives believe in UHC? Damn... I gotta explain this to some people!

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Firebot
Canada, we will happily trade you all the moronic/emo college kids we can round up in exchange for your skilled workers. :D

We'll get em really stoned on weed, wait till they fall asleep, then parachute them into Vancouver ;)

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Originally posted by: Tobolo
Originally posted by: RichardE
Originally posted by: ZeroIQ
This thread is going places.

Give us an updated on how great their health care system is as soon as you need to use it.

I understand your living up to your scree name, really I emphasize with that, but Canada is not a third world country.

What he is referring to is the universal health care system. My cousin is mentally handicapped because of the HC system. Her mom went to an appointment for a ultrasound and they saw that the umbellical (sp) cord was wrapped around her neck. They took her for a c-section and she had to wait 36 hours before she could have it. My cousin lost most of the oxygen to her brain for a extended period. If she had been in America then should would be fine right now :-(

Individual stories don't mean much in the overall scheme of things. people die in the U.S> from lack of insurance/money/ insurance problems all the time. Watch Sicko if you want some examples of people dieing here for the above reasons.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: shadow9d9
Originally posted by: CPA
At least the OP is doing what many of the liberal PNer's keep insinuating. He has more balls than they do. Oh, and, bye, I won't miss you.

Where did he say he was "liberal"? You are guessing it because of one stance-healthcare? No conservatives believe in UHC? Damn... I gotta explain this to some people!

where did CPA say that the OP was liberal?

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
:confused: I can honestly say the OP is the first person in the history of mankind to say "Canada Rocks".

Canada Sucks is actually a catch phrase!

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: ilovecolombia
Well for some reason my other account is corrupted.

I rather wait for service than die. If I have something life threatening I will not go to the hospital without insurance because I rather die then be in debt. Debt collectors killed my mother.Frankly service for the middle class poor in the us is shit.

WHERE IN GOD'S NAME ARE YOU FROM :Q Did your mom borrow money from the Chinese Mafia or something????

TwinkleToes77

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2002
Originally posted by: coldmeat
Well for some reason my other account is corrupted.

I rather wait for service than die. If I have something life threatening I will not go to the hospital without insurance because I rather die then be in debt. Debt collectors killed my mother. Frankly service for the middle class poor in the us is shit.

the wait for health care here in Canada is over exaggerated. If you need immediate care, you get it fast, but for small things you might experience a little bit of a wait

Actually... Canada just sent me to the States to have surgery because their wait list was 2-6 YEARS!!!!! Instead of Ontario being able to do it for $17k. I went to a speciality center Michigan and Ontario Health paid them $42k, and had the surgery within 2 months.

Steve

Lifer
May 2, 2004
www.chicagopipeband.com

I'm already here! :Q

We'll get em really stoned on weed, wait till they fall asleep, then parachute them into Vancouver ;)

American weed is like smoking tea leaves after you've tried Vancouver weed...or so I hear :Q

ilovecolombia

Banned
Oct 12, 2007
Well thats a good idea I am of hispanic origin.

My mom was killed my a heart attack the onset of was dealing with several debt collection companies that harrassed her 24 hours a day.

While things in Canada can be 25 percent more expensive there pay is easily twice that in the usa...

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

My mom was killed my a heart attack the onset of was dealing with several debt collection companies that harrassed her 24 hours a day.

While things in Canada can be 25 percent more expensive there pay is easily twice that in the usa...

right....

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: electronicmaji
So I'm a college student and I want to move to Canada. America sucks. I don't have any trust of our health system or economy or our culture. Frankly Canada rocks. All people from Canada are pretty cool.

How can I immigrate to Canada?

bend over and i'll kick your ass there.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

Chances are her death had more to do with cholesterol. In Canada, do collection companies not call when people don't pay back loans or something?

imported_Baloo

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2006
I scored exactly 67, Canada here I come!

tap tap

tap tap

tap...tap

tap............tap

Nahh, I changed my mind, I'm staying.
pat pat

pat pat

pat pat

pat pat