Immigrant farm workers' challenge: Take our jobs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

caddlad

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2002
if it can't be mechanized, perhaps it shouldn't be grown in the us.

Nice reality disconnect. You never spent anytime on the farm did you?

Yeah, lets outsource our food production, like everything else. Maybe China could grow cauliflower for us.:rolleyes:

Farm work is REAL work. Most Americans under 30 are no longer capable of real hard work. It's beneath them.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Yeah, the number one argument illegals and illegal supports have is: "You hate immigration!!!"

If thats the only argument they can come up with in addition to the race card, then I see no point in having a discussion.

Bignate603

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
anyways, the whole cheap labor thing is where the left gets a bit hypocritical. they are the ones that keep telling us that cheap oil keeps alternative energy down. and in ways its true, many crops are already highly mechanized, you don't pick corn or wheat by hand after all. if it can't be mechanized, perhaps it shouldn't be grown in the us. thats what trade is for. higher priced labor will only drive alternative solutions to any problems that arise. so really there is no issue with removing illegals.

Yes, the solution is to ban production on healthy, popular and profitable crops because the government doesn't want to enforce its laws. Maybe we can all live in prefab homes made overseas because illegals work in home construction too. :rolleyes:

Gothgar

Lifer
Sep 1, 2004
inb4

"dey took yer jerbs"

probably after, but I didnt feel like readin the thread

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
All I see is immigrant not illegal immigrant.

I couldn't care less about LEGAL immigrants and what jobs they do as they are LEGAL. Actually I support them 100% as they are trying to live the American dream.

Now, if Stephen Colbert is profiling illegal immigrants he is aiding felons.

This idea that people are "anti immigrations" is baseless and makes Stephen Colbert look like an idiot. People are not anti immigration they are anti illegal immigration and to represent a group like that makes Stephen Colbert look even more like a hack.