Immediate Rejection of an Application

JAH

Mar 4, 2005
Say you got an application that?s qualified and have experience/education for the job, is the salary requirement (i.e. too high of a request) one of the main reasons you immediately reject an application?

How about applicant from out of town (even though your ad doesn?t mention anything about not accepting out-of-town applicant)?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
no not a immediat rejection.

if they don't want the job at what we are willing to pay then there is someone else who is.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
When i did HR, salary wouldn't have been that big of a problem (unless it was outrageous), since you can always negotiate or give them a better figure. But being out of town would be a flag (i'm assuming this is like 1hr+ away), especially if it's a position that often required being on-call or flexible shifts.

xochi

Jan 18, 2000

Could be a few reasons. Salary way out of range is one, the applicant they want to hire is already picked out they just have to post it for legal/other reasons. I would ask, there is a good chance they will tell you.

RichieZ

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2000
Originally posted by: Skeeedunt
They found your myspace.

hahaha

do people really read the ones that come in through a website? i know at work we pretty much only recruit oncampus and take referrals.

i rarely get contacted back from a website submission even if i am a very good fit, usually i get interviews through recruiters or my own network

JAH

Mar 4, 2005
I called and asked, and they said they're looking for someone right away, while I won't be available for another three weeks. Oh well.

They found your myspace.

I am neither a teenager nor a pedophile, so I don't use MySpace. Now, which one of those two reasons is your excuse for using MySpace? :D

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Looney
When i did HR, salary wouldn't have been that big of a problem (unless it was outrageous), since you can always negotiate or give them a better figure. But being out of town would be a flag (i'm assuming this is like 1hr+ away), especially if it's a position that often required being on-call or flexible shifts.

yeah, because it's impossible to MOVE. :roll:

those who can't work, work in HR. it's too bad the rest of us have to filter through thinking like this to get hired.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: RichieZ
They found your myspace.

hahaha

do people really read the ones that come in through a website? i know at work we pretty much only recruit oncampus and take referrals.

i rarely get contacted back from a website submission even if i am a very good fit, usually i get interviews through recruiters or my own network

when I worked at Savvis they looked mostly at online applicants, because it was easier to manage the data... They just kept everything in that database instead of mixing it all around.. if you wanted a job, you HAD to apply online...